cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

150kbps,new record!

epik

150kbps,new record!

So this is a new low for me.During the past days I can't even load a Youtube video.
I did the BT Test some time ago and from a range of 400-1000kbps I was getting around 400.
Lately, I could tell that something was wrong so I did the test again and it turns out that my range
is now 150-200kbps and my actual speed is 150kbps.
Started using the DSL cable,switched from Linux to Windows but nothing changed.
The irony is that I live right behind Plusnet HQ.
Any ideas?
Estimated line speed:
    6Mb (This may vary between 5Mb and 8Mb) - Checked on 2011-07-07 12:39:33
Current line speed:
    0.25 Mb
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: 150kbps,new record!

You have a speed fault.  You need to follow the procedures outlined on Plusnet's web site for speed faults http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/ .  
Statistically most speed faults are of the clients own making because they haven't followed the instructions.  Last week I visited someone who would have thought 150kbps was fast!  They had a Sky box with a telephone connection and had not fitted an ADSL filter there.  Once the filter was fitted the router sync rate went up to around 2000 kbps (long line) and their download speed improved accordingly a few days later.  
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi epik,
Just ran a line test and your sync rate is really low, this can be caused by many things, and your profile will not increase until your sync rate does. Have a look here for some tips about how to troubleshoot it.
Jojo Smiley
epik

Thanks Jojo,
I day after I made this post my speed improved significantly although I didn't make any changes.
This is the info from the tests:
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

[color=purple]Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 11.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 13Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 11.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 10Mbps and 13Mbps.
[/color]
and
[color=purple]Download speedachieved during the test was - 3134 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3872 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 445 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3415 Kbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 366 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 445 Kbps

Can you tell me if I still need to troubleshoot this?
Thanks.
dick:quote