cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12:30am and I'm still capped to 512kbps???

LordFox
Rising Star

12:30am and I'm still capped to 512kbps???

Hmm.. I couldn't sleep, so I got up to surf. I checked on my usenet downloads and noticed that it's still getting 512kbps, so are my torrents.
It's after midnight - I should be uncapped now!
What's up? I've got stuff to download...
33 REPLIES 33
scootie
Grafter

Re: 12:30am and I'm still capped to 512kbps???

whats your package.
have you gone over your usage limit
best thing to try is disconnet internet and reconnect to get on a diffrent gateway and see if that resolves the issue. to check which gateway your on now and after use this http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/
LordFox
Rising Star

I'm on the new unlimited - changed just a few weeks ago to it from the old 40GB limited BBYW. So no usage limit now.
I'll try a disconnect and see what happens...
scootie
Grafter

k i just started a torrent and see what speed i get as i switched to unlimited to.
edit. looks like it stuck at 512k odd. iam on pcl-ag01 and going to try another gateway as well.
LordFox
Rising Star

OK, I've reconnected and got a new gateway - from "ptn-ag2 = Telehouse North, Juniper 2" to "pcl-ag02 = City Lifeline, Juniper 9".
Torrents are now going quick, about 300kBps (that's Bytes, not bits)
But... usenet is still definitely stuck exactly at the capped 512kbps rate.
I get a full speed connection by the way; I'm about 400m from the exchange  Cool
scootie
Grafter

ive jumped on pte-ag2. and runing better now. sorry cant test for usenet speeds as i have never used it and dont know how Embarrassed
did you check which gateway you where on before?
there was some odd goings on with pcl-ag03 the other day http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74894.0.html
wonder if the the gremilins returned to the pcl family of gateways.
LordFox
Rising Star

The plot thickens...
It's just turned 1:00am and my usenet download instantly jumped up to where it should be.
The clocks haven't gone back or anything have they? Or forwards - I never could remember...
Edit: Just checked - clock thing is next weekend.
Asbo Dog - thanks for the help. Looks like things are back to good, but there was clearly a glitch there somewhere.
I'll have to check this tomorrow night as well now, just in case...
Cheers!
samuria
Grafter

Thats an interesting point a few weeks ago the time and date were wrong on the forum but I havent checked lately it could be something daft like that. if you log on to the forum after 11 pm check the date and time in the top right hand corner and keep your eye on it as it used to change day and date at the wrong time. If all Plusnets clocks are wrong it could account for slow speeds between 12 and 1am
scootie
Grafter

k ive just raised a ticket informing them of the problem we have just seen.
yep looks like gizmo got wet again  Grin
i jumped gateway in beetween 12 - 1 and got the higher p2p speed. so if the clocks are wrong they cant be a full hour out
edit looking at post times i got in there 5 mins b4 1am
LordFox
Rising Star

Darn soggy gremlins!
Samuria - I noticed the link in your sig. I got used for a demo of a 1" (or so) punch from my Sensei once, and only once! Through a new, thick and hard  strike pad held against me chest it felt like his fist hit between my lungs! It made full-force kicks from the other black belts feel like playful taps! I had even more respect for him after that...  Shocked  Shocked
Jake
Grafter

Hey, just been looking into the tickets you've raised. Will get this looked into for you all as Usenet should have gone up from 12am, not 1am, your right on Unlimited - I'll ask Networks to take a look when they're in.
LordFox
Rising Star

Hmmm again...
I've had a repsonse to my ticket stating that this was due to the traffic shaping change 'filtering through' to me. I've never observed that before, instead it has previously been exactly at the specified times, especially the drop to a lower limit! Believe me, I notice these things (think obsessive/compulsive about time!)
The change to unlimited bandwidth happened at exactly 1:00am - surely not just a coincidence of a random 'filtering through' time???
If the changes to unlimited can take an hour or more to take effect, then the service is faulty and unacceptable.
Sorry to be so straight, but that's just not acceptable.
I'm still of the opinion that it was a glitch in the system for some reason, not a 'filtering through' of the change. I really hope I'm correct.
LordFox
Rising Star

I've just checked my bandwidth log. The 12pm drop down to 512k happened at exactly... wait for it... 12:00pm. No waiting for it to 'filter through to me'.
So I've lost one full hour of unlimited access.
scootie
Grafter

havent had reply on mine as to the reson why just this one last night
Thanks for letting us know, I've asked Comms and Networks to have a look for you. Seems to be an hour out, we'll find out why and let you know.
Jake
Grafter

Hi again, Comms picked up on this and a problem's been raised. It was primarily affecting pcl-ag03 and a fix has been put in place so traffic should be fine now. We will be monitoring this over the next 24 hours.