cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100+ connection losses is this even normal?

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

100+ connection losses is this even normal?

So recently Open reach engineer visited to fix line speeds which have somewhat been resolved but with the now constant connection losses, speeds are not consistant (even though 60% of the time it hits top speeds) if you look below at the stats you can see I'm averaging 3-5 connection losses everyday. This is ridiculous because I can't get a constant strong connection giving me constant top speeds. I came onto the forum before but didn't get any response from staff. I think the connection losses is the final thing to resolve regarding my whole broadband drama. Like I already mentioned, we've already fixed speeds and I now (if the connection isn't lost) get good speeds but with constant connection drops its still a nightmare.
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:50:47
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,151 / 9,579
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 11.90 / 265.90
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.8 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 22.4 / 39.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.7 / 5.6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 954 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 108 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 58,735 / 114
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 6 / 33,052
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 9 / 16,778
4 REPLIES 4
cedlor
Grafter

Re: 100+ connection losses is this even normal?

Is there some reason you have a 4 yea rold ping test result in your signature?  A quick glance at that suggests your line is ok.

Have you tried going back to your old router?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Was meaning to get rid of that signature I've removed it now, with regards to router it isn't a router problem rather a wiring issue I think I've had connection losses even with the older router hence why i asked for a new one because I thought it may have been a router issue at first but that's now out of the question.
cedlor
Grafter

OK - tried two routers - current one now in the master socket?  when you lose the connection
are there red lights on your router?.
Are the drop outs at the same time/times each day - does this coincide with anything happening in
your flat. Switching on a big TV or a shower - something that takes a lot of current.
Do the dropouts coincide with incoming landline calls
Suggest you read up a bit on REIN  and think if it might apply
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our RADIUS logs aren't showing anywhere near that number of disconnections however that is something that can occasionally happen if the disconnections are very very brief.

I've just been through a line test and the errors on the line don't look great, with an error roughly every 2 seconds.
Is there any noise on the phone line at all? Plug a single corded handset in to the test socket and dial 17070 following the instructions for the quiet line test.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.