Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.2Mbs Broadband Speed

FIXED
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: 0.2Mbs Broadband Speed

I'll order the router now, it's sent first class so if it gets dispatched tomorrow it should arrive a couple of days later.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks Chris, I received a text today to say it is on it's way. Thanks for your help.

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks - received the router on Saturday.
Also got a vague BT letter regarding an order number, which I guess is related.

i assume I'll know when the change happens, as the ADSL connection router we have here now will then stop working, and then I'll just have to swap the boxes over. Cheesy

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yep, pretty much.

Let us know if you have any problems.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Alex
Community Veteran

Well I received an e-mail from Plusnet this morning to say my product change is complete.

I noticed the ADSL router was still working, but I swapped it with the Hub One, left it to do its thing then connected.

I notice I am still getting ADSL speeds, so am I correct in assuming, the Hub One is just using the ADSL, Plusnet have completed the changes their side and now I have to wait for BT Wholesale to do theirs? Do they both usually happen on the same day? (i.e. today).

Sorry for being inpatient, you know what the wait is like, all of you 😛

Mind you I notice the Hub One even gives me faster ADSL speeds than my old router. When I checked I found Plusnet supplied me the Thompson router in 2010. 7 years ago! Doesn't seem like that long. So I guess it was getting on a bit so I was due for new more modern one.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Alex

The order of events is that Openreach do the work by moving your phone line off ADSL and connecting you to the FTTC cabinet. Then BTW setup the account for FTTC and finally Plusnet complete their work.

At that point you will be on FTTC.

As the Hub is connecting at ADSL speeds, you are probably still on ADSL at this moment. The line can only support ADSL or FTTC not both simultaneously.

The work can be completed any time upto midnight.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Only in this case I believe we've done the bit on our side already by changing your account to fibre this morning.

Once the engineer completes the work at the cab I'd expect you to connect at the fibre speeds.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

If you want to confirm that you are still on ADSL then the following will help.

Log onto the Plusnet Hub One Router and go to the Troubleshooting Section (top right corner). Once there click on the Helpdesk tab.

Look for the line starting 

23. Modulation:

And then compare the code to the table below,

ADSL1	   ADSL2     ADSL2+    VDSL	 VDSL2
Standard	G.992.1    G.992.3   G.992.5   G.993.1	 G.993.2

If the code is for ADSL then you haven't been upgraded to FTTC yet. If it is VDSL then you have been. Let us know what it says.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Alex
Community Veteran

Pretty sure I am still on ADSL so hopefully by midnight tonight I'll be moved over?

Thanks for the check, I'll be back there in a few hours so will try it.

Never had BT Wholesale fibre so not quite sure what the process is. I actually walked up to the cab at the end of the street and saw a BT Wholesale van milling around near the cab and drove off so hopefully they are doing something. Bit sad I know.

Roll on midnight 😄
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The fibre would usually start working once the actual work has been completed by the engineer before BT wholesale completes the order.

So hopefully you'll be connected by the evening!
Alex
Community Veteran

Thank you, I'll be checking it all day (knowing me) though I may be out this evening. Hopefully can say it'll be done.
Alex
Community Veteran

G.992.3 Annex A, so not happened yet.

Will keep checking later on 😛
Alex
Community Veteran

Just as I left the house the landline went down for about 6 mins. Haven't had a chance to check, but will do when I get back around 9:30.

Not a fault then as back up now, mum reports the big light as blue, so all good and I will let you know later. 👍
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks all for your help.
Changed over now and everything seems fine.
cattez

Hi, I,m currently having issues with complete broadband speeds across the board, 

download speeds are at 0.22mbps and uploads are at 0.43mbps, this is causing issues to the whole family as wanting watch videos on popular sites etc, this has been raised before and improved slightly but since Christmas this has dropped to near nothing and not acceptable. Please look into this and see if you can help

Regards

Terry Walton