Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.14 MBPS IP Profile PN NOT Listening!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: 0.14 MBPS IP Profile PN NOT Listening!

@Townman, Yeah. I am happy to arrange an engineer.
@PembsPanther I tried to call you to discuss but couldn't get through. I've created and updated a ticket (login required).
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@PembsPanther
The link you provided is not a Master socket and indeed as has already been mentioned if the Master Socket is at fault you are not allowed to replace it. You can get into big expensive trouble with Openreach if you do.
If your Master Socket looks like the one on the left, then you can replace the lower half faceplate with a filtered type of faceplate (the link you gave is not one of those either). BUT if your phone is not ringing - you should check with the phone plugged directly into  the Test Socket - then you need to report a phone fault to your line rental provider. It may be the line at fault (intermittent) or it may be the socket. Have you tried the Quiet Line Test as mentioned earlier by Townman - 17070 option 2.
If you are not getting dial-tone or hear crackling noises again this is a "phone-line" fault that needs reporting to your line rental provider and you should mention all the problems, not just one (except don' t mention the broadband).
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@PembsPanther,
I've tried to call you to discuss this further a few times but I've not managed to get through. If you pick this up, could you please get in touch then we can progress the issue for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello Tony I have the ticket with the latest details.
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread I really appreciate your time and sharing your experience with me. The master socket has this morning been replaced with a new one and the phone is now ringing and the noise on the line has completely gone so now if we can get our IP profile increased to where it should be fingers crossed that will  be issue resolved Smiley
Thanks again to everyone.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I hope the replacement is the "correct" type - if not, work on getting the "correct" type over the next few days or so.
If you run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test which will hopefully work (as it's been playing up) it will show the current BT IP Profile. If this has correctly updated then the your Current Line speed (Login required) should follow.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image, don't post your phone number).
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello Anotherone
Thanks for the reply, here is the BT Speedtest results:

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.49 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.49 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4.96 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

And from the PN lnk you supplied:

Estimated line speed:
    There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
    0.5 Mb

I have had issues with IP profiles in the past so I know as soon as they increase it to where it should be then we will "probably" be back to normal, I understand why they have to reduce IP profiles but as i have complained about before, it is more than a pain when this is the only thing holding things up.
We generally achieve a consistent 6 - 7.5mb connection with no issues so the estimated speed is way off as well although this has always been off from the beginning.
Fibre on the way to us from March next year to say I cannot wait is an understatement!
Thanks
Chris
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Chris,
Well the profiles are aligned... But what's the current synch rate please?
If it is much the same as previously reported, then the profiles are adrift from the synch speed.  If the synch speed is similar to the profile then a good poking from PlusNET is required!  Grin
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Townman
But what's the current synch rate please?

As a wild guess I'd say about 4.96Mbps/0.45Mbps  Roll_eyes
Quote from: PembsPanther
Your DSL Connection Rate :4.96 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Hi PembsPanther, excuse me whilst I chuckle.
As you know, the sync speed is key to what the profile should move to. You are obviously familiar with the painful process of Profile changes on 20CN connections. If you can post the TG582n Full DSL stats we can see where the next move should be.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello
Thanks for the replies guys Smiley
Anotherone yes I am unfortunately familiar with the extremely painful process, been here more than once now!
Here are the router stats:
DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 1:26:31
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 4.960
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 12,95 / 37,47
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11,9 / 19,8
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 18,0 / 39,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 24,0 / 15,0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 2 / 428
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 0 / 0

Thanks
Chris
Anotherone
Champion

Well even if your profile rises within the next 4 hours (which it should with the previous and current expected profile) but as it's 20CN we never know how broke it is, but you aren't going to get the best speed as the Target SNRM is definitely lurking at 15dB.
A line SNRM reset will resolve this, so hopefully one of the CRT will be along shortly and do it for you.
Edit: typos  Roll_eyes
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone, I have updated the ticket Tony made so fingers crossed we could get it all resolved today.
Thanks again Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Thanks Jelv and you might well chuckle Anotherone...
OK so I did miss the synch speed reported in the BT report, however, that does not deliver the rich detail of the modem stats.

Chris, thanks for the stats  Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.