cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.04Mbps broadband connection :(

Freddie90

0.04Mbps broadband connection :(

I'm new to Plusnet. I finally got my router after a week and half yesterday, I set it up as instructed in the manual provided and this is the speed I am presented with. It took my nearly an hour just to find a speed test site that didn't time out, and a further 30 mins just to get the speed test to work!

Whats going on here? I was told my minimum guaranteed speed was 3.5Mbps. That's nearly x20 more than what I'm currently getting! I was told to expect speeds between 10 - 19Mbps.

I checked this morning and the highest I got was 200Kbps (When the test didn't time out)

It'd be an understatement to say I'm fuming right now! I'm currently at work so I can't exactly sit on hold over the phone.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
mpmc
Grafter

Re: 0.04Mbps broadband connection :(

Hi!

I'm a new customer as well - waiting for our fibre to be connected, but seeing as the staff haven't replied yet I will. 

They usually will tell you to check the troubleshooting guide here.

You may also want to post the router stats, the second post on this thread here, should tell you how to find them.

Check you have any noise on the line by dialing 17070 & running a quiet line from the options.

HTH!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Freddie90, 

I can see you've already been in touch with us today (as per ticket) and we've submitted a DLM reset for the line. That definitely looks like the right course of action so you should see some improvement by tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Freddie90

Hi

I got in touch with someone over chat earlier today. I'll check it when I get back home and let you know if its fixed.

Cheers,

Freddie90

Hi,

Its been a few days since I updated on the situation. My speed has increased from 0.2Mbps, but its only increased to about 1Mbps - ~2Mbps. This is an increase but is still an insanely slow speed. I've been checking each day since last wednesday, and I average around these speeds. 

I was told my minimum guaranteed speed was 3.5Mbps which I still haven't come close to hitting yet. Is there anything else you guys can do?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Freddie90

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your broadband service.

Please report the issue here. Once you have done this please reply so we can investigate the issue further.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional