cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working asterisk<>pliusnet config?

pjm

working asterisk<>pliusnet config?

Hi all,
I've been struggling to get my asterisk PBX to properly connect to plusnet/gradwell voip service. Asterisk shows that my 'peer' is registered;
sip.plus.net:5060                      N      8012345            91 Registered          Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:36:08
But incoming and outgoing calls have no RTP traffic, and are of course silent - not much use for telephony. Asterisk version here is 1.8.x and its peered with other providers which are working perfectly.
Anyone have working sip.conf that they could sanitise and post here?
thanks and regards,
Paul.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: working asterisk<>pliusnet config?

I've not used Asterix myself but looking at the Gradwell site , does this help http://www.gradwell.com/support/kb/article.php?id=377
pjm

Re: working asterisk<>pliusnet config?

Hi all, tnx for the suggestions. I have now got it working with the following Asterisk 1.8.x sip.conf;
register=80XXXXX:asecretpassword! :80XXXXX@sip.plus.net:5060/80XXXXX
[plusnet]
nat=no
qualify=60000
context=plusnet
defaultuser=80XXXXX <- your plusnet voip ID
outboundproxy=nat.plus.net
fromuser=80XXXXX <- your plusnet voip ID
secret=asecretpassword!  <- your plusnet voip password
port=5060
host=sip.plus.net
type=friend
disallow=all
allow=g729
This works fine, and incoming calls are of good quality, in my setup internal VoIP devices all run G711 and WAN VoIP runs G729. There are occasional errors in the console caused by DNS lookups of the sip.plus.net or nat.plus.net;
[netsock2.c:263 ast_sockaddr_resolve: getaddrinfo("v-sip-floating-1.gradwell.net", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
acl.c:582 resolve_first: Unable to lookup 'v-sip-floating-1.gradwell.net'
These can be resolved by simply replacing the DNS names with IP's in the above config.
regards,
Paul.