cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which phone with which application

Valencia
Grafter

which phone with which application

Can some nice person out there using a USB Voip phone with software, recommend which ones to use together.
I do not want an ATA or a microphone and speakers.
My system is high end Vista 64 bit based.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: which phone with which application

I not a Vista 64 expert but this http://www.yggenyk.dk/wiki/Voice_over_IP#SJphone might help.
It seems to indicate that SjPhone will work with 64 bit Vista.
In terms of a USB phone I would suggest the Yealink USB-P1K or clone as they have drivers for SjPhone that will make the keyboard work ( although not sure about 64 bit Vista ).
All USB phones should at least give you USB audio input/output facilities but getting the keyboard and displays to work is tricky and depends on manufacturer driver support.
Hope that helps.
Any quries please post back and I'll try to answer.
Valencia
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I followed several links using your suggested model and found it to be the same as the US Robotics phone, which installs on 64 bit Vista and in turn marries up with EyeBeam softphone perfectly.
I will try them out and post the results.
Community Veteran

Yes I believe the USR9600 is a rebadged P1K , also I think one of the earlier Tesco USB phones was too.
Here is the download link for the various drivers from the yealink site http://www.yealink.com/en/download.asp?tag=others
As you can see there is driver support for most softphones.
Let us know how you get on with Eyebeam
Valencia
Grafter

I had a mic doing nothing so I installed EyeBeam.
Very easy to set up, it works like a dream, NO delay so no voice overlap, NO echo and good sound.
I will get a USB phone this week to try with it.
Valencia
Grafter

I got hold of a Black Sipgate USB handset, no keys, just plug it in, no drivers required, just the sound to configure.
Works great with EyeBeam, would recommend to anyone who wants a no fuss system.
Community Veteran

Im glad you got it working and that you are happy with it.
However almost all USB phones will work if all you want is a handset with speaker and mic, and usually without any drivers.
Surely though, isnt half the point of having a phone instead of a headset and mic, that you can use the keys and display on the phone to make and answer calls rather than having to use the computer keyboard. Certainly thats what I want when I use my USB phone with my laptop when I'm away from home, and thats what the P1K and Sjphone gives me. Having started SjPhone I can just use the P1K like a normal phone to make and receive calls without referring back to the laptop.
Still, as long as you are happy with your setup thats fine. 
Valencia
Grafter

See your point, I will probably get a P1K to go on my laptop, but on my PC all my numbers are on quick dial through the Eyebeam contacts so its just one click.
Anyway, thanks again for your help......... Regards