Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trixbox / asterisk problem

ronchan

trixbox / asterisk problem

i had this running before by following this instruction
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,60173.msg491058.html#msg491058
but for some reason incoming calls has stopped working, when I ring the number it either goes to the plusnet voicemail or number not in use
outgoing calls seems to be fine
I know I had to change it from g729 back to alaw and ulaw, but has anything else changed?
It is also sporadic, it was definitely working for a while this morning
Thanks
Ron
13 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: trixbox / asterisk problem

i cant see anything wrong with your account - time to delv into the config......Funnily enough, Scott is having similar problems with the same config.
mcgurka
Grafter

Still am rich, even on the lon-pbx-12 platform Smiley
RichSmol
Grafter

I've made contact with Gradwell - i think we'll probably need to do some test calls and see whats happening with the traffic to work this one out. I'll get back to once Gradwell have responded.
RichSmol
Grafter

Hi to both of you, Gradwell would like to take a look at the device config - can you setup some remote access to these boxes so Gradwell can jump on to the box?
You can PM me the details and we can get this sorted out.
mcgurka
Grafter

rich, are you after FreePBX config, ssh, or both?
Ta
Scott
RichSmol
Grafter

SSH would be ideal
mcgurka
Grafter

ok, ive pm'ed you details of ssh to the server, and access to the web interface as well Smiley
Its not currently a live server, so if you need to do any reboots or anything, feel free.
RichSmol
Grafter

Many thanks Scott. i'll get the Gradwell tech guys onto it for you.
mcgurka
Grafter

any update from gradwell as yet?
Scott
RichSmol
Grafter

Still on it for me - sorry its taking this long, i'll chase them again tomorrow, it was with their second line support last time i checked.
cheers
Rich
mcgurka
Grafter

rich, have gradwell achieved any progress on this issue as yet?
Scott
RichSmol
Grafter

did you try the codec install as described in this post?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,60173.msg489360.html#msg489360
I''ve put a chase on this ticket for you. It was previously with the Gradwell second line support who couldnt find anything out of place previously.
pd
Grafter

I gave up with mine Rich as I think (dare I say it) Gradwell don't appear to be handling the registration properly according to the RFC.  This may be that they have two servers each with its own registration database, and registrations are ping-ponging between the two, I don't know.
Here's what happens (and I can repeat this consistently)
Say I register at 12:00:00 for 30 mins.  Asterisk will attempt to re-register 15 seconds before that registration expires, so it re-registers at 12:29:45.  Now, according to the RFC the registrar should check its database for my previous registration, if it finds it, it should update it.  If it doesn't then it should create a new registration starting at 12:29:45.
I think Gradwell are creating a new registration anyway rather than updating the previous one because the next notification I get is that my phone is offline since 12:30:00, the expiry time of the initial registration, when it fact it should be online as it has since re-registered.  It then seems to take several minutes before the new registraion takes effect.

I suspect this might be happening more than anyone realises if most folk have the email notifications turned off.  They would have to attempt an incoming call within a few minutes of the expiry time to find out that they were offline.
Peter