cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferred, I think

Community Veteran

transferred, I think

Hi
I've logged on to the new site now, but there doesn't seem to be anything to do to activate the new platform.  Is it enough that I've simply logged on?
I also seem to remember an email about getting an 01 number, but there doesn't seem to be any information about that either.
Am I just being dense?
Is there anything else I need to do before Thursday?
John
9 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: transferred, I think

I've created the account for you and you should have an email waiting for you with the new settings.
Community Veteran

Got that
thanks
Would you recommend changing the softphone from XLite then?
John
RichSmol
Grafter

yeh! v2 seems to work ok but v3 is full of bugs which cause problems - quite significant bugs as well. Today we are rolling a setup guide for SJPhones and we'll be recommending the use of this softphone from today onwards.
geewizz
Grafter

Doh! I downloaded Xlite the other day nut didn't get around to installing it. Back to the drawing board. Where can I download SJphones? I promise I won't try to install it until I get the setup guides. Smiley I just want to be able to download it now because it takes ages to download stuff and I don't know when I'll lose my stable connection because I'm waiting on a Max regrade.
Simon_M
Grafter

I don't know how many bugs they've fixed (or introduced  Tongue ), but a new build of X-Lite was released last week.
http://counterpath.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/X-Lite_Win32_1100l_47546.exe
I'm using eyeBeam (from the same company) & it works ok on the new platform.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

geewiz,
Download SJPhone from http://www.sjlabs.com/
Download link is on the home page
Community Veteran

Just tried it with XLite and it seems to be ok Huh
I'll try both the soft phones and see which I prefer using.  My only concern really is that the receiving end seems very quiet (as with the old platform)
I'm using a (very cheap) Advent USB phone, so that may be part of the problem.  I'd also like to be able to dial directly from the USB phone, any ideas how I could set that up anyone?
John
Ianwild
Grafter

Bear in mind we're talking about digital signals, for which volume is never a factor - The volume is down to how your receiving device interprets and amplifies the 1s and 0s.
Ian
Community Veteran

True Ian, but the volume problem is at the other end, i.e. the (usually) analogue line that I'm dialling.  I haven't yet dialled another VOIP phone, so don't know if the same thing happens.
Would that make a difference?
John