Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sjphone audio problems

fasrind
Dabbler

sjphone audio problems

Hi all!
I've been banging my head against a wall for ages trying to figure this out?  If I disable direct sound in sjphone (1.65) I have audio (really awful audio), with direct sound enabled I can hear, but my mic doesn't seem to work at all.  I use vista home premium sp1 with a gigabyte mobo with realtek onboard sound.  My audio set up is fine, just when I use sjphone verything goes pear shaped.  Any ideas out there at all, as I'm sure its a setting I'm missing
Cheers
Jon
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: sjphone audio problems

There are some issues with Vista and SjPhone 1.65 , but mainly crashes rather than audio problems, look at some of the other posts.
People seem to have had more success with a earlier version 1.60 when using Vista.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: fasrind
Hi all!
My audio set up is fine, just when I use sjphone verything goes pear shaped.  Any ideas out there at all, as I'm sure its a setting I'm missing
Cheers
Jon

Hi Jon
Have you considered getting a linksys pap2 adapter cost about £13 from ebay?.  That way you do not need to keep your computer on to make and receive calls.  Or buy a speedtouch 716wl router from ebay mine cost just over £2 +p&p (i have brought a couple) it has 4 lan ports  wireless and has 2 voip ports built in and is adsl2+ capable.  The speedtouch router has its ssid name and wpa2 security number on the bottom and relates to that router only so is very secure router, it stops anybody trying to piggeback your connection
Either allows any BT phone  with a adapter (http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370) to plug in to them and the pap2 needs a free lan port on your router the speedtouch is  built in on the router leaving all 4 lan ports free
Both give excellent sound quality and as I said above you do not need to keep your computer on to make and receive calls
Hope it help you decide what to use if you give up on the software phone?
Puddy
lr73

use http://www.globaliptel.com/eng/content/Products/Softphones/RTC/PCPhone.html ; - it works with vista. 2 mins to set-up. I couldnt get sjphone to work with vista either!
fasrind
Dabbler

Hi all!
Sorry for the tardiness of my reply!
Sjphone 1.6 works for me, doing a little research I discovered that Vista doesn't use Directsound anymore, is that what is causing some of the problems with Vista and softphones?
Thanks for the advice!  Now if only I could get Opensuse 11.0 to recognise my headset mic, but thats a whole new kettle of fish lol
Cheers all
jon