cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sip to sip calls otheir networks

puddy
Grafter

sip to sip calls otheir networks

Can some one please help? i cannot find the sip to sip list calling codes to other networks like sipgate etc
I had read that you may need to add 44 ( country codes)
Can some one point me in the right direction please?
Regards
Puddy
ps What code do I need to call plusnet to plusnet?
Equipment help offered for hardware below
Speedtouch 716wlv5
Grandstream GXP2000
Linksys Pap2 -Na
Siemens 460ip dect
7 REPLIES
petermaughan
Grafter

Re: sip to sip calls otheir networks

teldanet
Grafter

Calling sipphone works fine.  Calling a sipgate number just gives a 404 error.  Maybe the code **777 is not correct  Wink Embarrassed
RichSmol
Grafter

The sipgate peering is slightly different to the other peerings in the format that you have to dial. Please ensure that you are doing the following international dial format:
To call sipgate customers please dial **77744XXXXYYYYYY for example - **777441225123456
I've tested this peering and it worked first time so hopefully this is the problem your encountering.
teldanet
Grafter

I can still dial a sipphone number but dialing sipgate still gives me a 404 error even when I use **77744XXXXXXX.  I am not too worried because I am the only one I know who uses sipgate.  Why do I use sipgate? Because it ALWAYS works.  However our concern is plusnet voip.  Apart from not connecting to sipgate, I find plusnet voip phone 100% perfect.  It just works and works and works.  Are you sure Plusnet doesnt have any sipgate engineers working for them?    Roll eyes Shocked Grin
dgp
Grafter

I had exactly the same problem.  After finally working out I needed to edit the dial plan on my PAP2 to dial ** I spent ages trying to get it to work with Sipgate.  In desparation I tried it with Voipfone and it worked first time by using **867 and the short Voipfone number i.e. **8671234567.
It was only when I saw this and worked out that RichSmol means use the full international PSTN number (i.e. with 44 and without the leading 0 from the local code) with **777 that I finally got to connect to Sipgate.  If I had known this first of all, I would not have wasted several hours trying to find what was wrong with the dial plan which was, of course, right all along.  Why does Sipgate want to be different!!!.
If you are interested the dial plan is  (*x.|**x.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.), all I added was **x.| to the default.
teldanet
Grafter

I can connect everywhere EXCEPT SIPGATE.  Using a Grandstream 2000
puddy
Grafter

it works on my grandstream gxp2000
puddy
equipment used/help offered
speedtouch 716wl v5 router
linksys PAP2-NA
Linksys SPA3000 uk spec
siemens 460 voip dect phone
Grandstream GXP2000
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules ]