cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting Up Siemens Gigaset 460IP

Vitserve

setting Up Siemens Gigaset 460IP

I am totally new to this forum and to VOIP, so I hope I have now posted this in the right place!!
I have purchased a Siemens Gigaset 460IP in order to use the free minutes on Broadband phone - problem is I haven't managed to get it to work. Plus net recommended going on the trial and having another go, which I have now done but still to no avail. I am assured by the supplier it should work so I think I am having a few senior moments and can't see the wood for the trees. If anyone has one of these phones working successfully ~ please can you list the settings for me so I can check that I have done it right.
I do have a word document of screenshots but haven't worked out how to attach it yet.
Thanks.
21 REPLIES
N/A

Re: setting Up Siemens Gigaset 460IP

Locked in favour of this thread.
Please avoid cross posting wherever possible.
puddy
Grafter

These settings will only work for the voip (gradwell) trial Grin
Here you go for your settings
go in to settings
ip Configuration
ip address type =obtained automatically
remote management
allow access from other networks = no
Telephony settings
connections then edit
Authentication = sip id/user name
Authentication Password = trial passoword
Confirm authentication password= trial password
Username= sip id/username
Domain=sip2.plus.net
Display Name = your name
Proxy server address=sip2.plus.net
Proxy server port=5060
Registrar server= sip2.plus.net
Registrar server port=5060
Network
STUN enabled=no
STUN server= leave blank
STUN port=3478
NAT refresh time=20 sec
Outbound proxy mode=always
Outbound proxy=nat.plus.net
Outbound proxy port=5082
Voice codecs
Voip volume= high
Enable Annex B for G729=no
selected codecs
remove G726
Click set
It may show as unregistered but leave for 10 mins when it will show registered
Dialing Plans
just set to no
Advanced Settings
DTMF over VoIP Connections
send settings tick in ref2833 and sip info
Hook Flash
application type=dtmf-relay
application signal=20
Listen Ports for VoIP Connections
sip port=5060
RTP port =5004
Use random ports =no
Click set
Miscellaneous
already setup

I hope that helps  I am using the same phone
Puddy
Grandstream GXP 2000
Siemens 460ip dect phone
speedtouch 716wl
linksys pap2-NA
Vitserve

Thanks alot Puddy.
I managed to get it to work with the help of your settings ~ some of which are still a mystery (hook flash, advanced settings) but it works. Hurray!!!
I have had a few test calls both in and out and it seems to be very good quality.
Thanks for all your help ~ I should have joined this a few months ago and saved all the anquish! Smiley
puddy
Grafter

Glad it worked,
Have you setup the siemens gigaset so you can make free calls to other siemens voip phone users.  If not  on the handset dial 1188#9 press the call button and join from their choose a nick name.  I have already joined so cannot go though the setup with you.
give me a call if you get it working my name below should help
puddy Grin
m5systems

hi, i have entered these details and checked loads of times but still get the error "registration failed" even after waiting days.
i cant see anything under the account details section of the voip portal so i cant get in to check my SIP account number and password, any suggestions anyone please?

thanks, dan
puddy
Grafter

Hi Dan
The problem could be at plusnets end if you entered all the correct setting
Hope full a customer service agent at plusnet end will be able to log in to your account to see if its working or they may need to re-set your details because of your move.
Could you list your settings so I can check them?
Puddy
RichSmol
Grafter

Dan, i've emailed the details of your account to you. Please let me know if you are unable to access the portal or connect to the new platform.
cheers
Rich
m5systems

thanks guys, I've had the emails detailing my new SIP info and changed both the passwords.
when i get home i'll change to the new settings and give it a go, excellent to see a landline number attached to the service now though.
now i'll need to do the same with my linksys system at our shop which is also with F9.....

here's hoping it'll fly through once i get the right details in, thank you both for your help

dan
m5systems

got a weird one for you now!
if i use the new SIP ID i was sent by mail it won't work, if i use the original one it does work......
RichSmol
Grafter

When we did the migration we had to decide what to do with customer accounts which were active but dormant on our platform (havent been used for a while). We had to assume that those who hadnt created an account on the new platform had either not received the emails about what we were doing or didnt wish to change their config - so with that in mind we migrated a whole load of customer details to the new platform and created a new account as well. Gradwell quite cleverly added both of these SIP IDs to the account with a plan to remove the unused extension once the customer had connected. If you connected using your old details first off then they will continue to work.  Cool
gaptag
Dabbler

Quote from: RichSmol
When we did the migration we had to decide what to do with customer accounts which were active but dormant on our platform (havent been used for a while). We had to assume that those who hadnt created an account on the new platform had either not received the emails about what we were doing or didnt wish to change their config - so with that in mind we migrated a whole load of customer details to the new platform and created a new account as well. Gradwell quite cleverly added both of these SIP IDs to the account with a plan to remove the unused extension once the customer had connected. If you connected using your old details first off then they will continue to work.  Cool

Can't say I've been impressed with the way this was done...
I seem to have fallen into the above scenario despite the fact I specifically disabled my VOIP router settings so that there wouldn't be any problems while I was away on holiday at the end of April/beginning of May.
I went to manually register on the new system as per the email instructions to find I'd already been registered.
The problems with this?
1. I didn't get my settings email to advise of the correct settings and login name and password so had to "hack" in by using the "Forgotten Password" option! (I see plenty of others reporting this too)
2. My extension number appears to have sprouted a "4" prefix. While this doesn't really affect me much, I'm sure there are others out there that will now have to tell a number of people that their number has changed all of a sudden?!
3. I'm now in a confusing state where I have to remember that my SIP ID mentioned in your settings pages needs to have the "4" prefix dropped (otherwise I can't authenticate/register), but my SIP ID retains the new "4" prefix.
4. I didn't get to choose my PSTN number (although it turns out this was chosen as I would have done anyway).

You seem to suggest above that we should be able to authenticate with the old or new SIP ID, but so far the new SIP ID doesn't work? Is there a plan to migrate to allowing just the new SIP IDs, or allow users to revert back to their original SIP ID without the "4" prefix?
m5systems

i'm confused then, i seem to be in the same position as the above post.
right now, my system it authenticated and conncted under my old SIP ID but using the new proxies and servers.
which should i be using in the long term, and if its not my older details as per now, how can i get those working?

thanks, dan
RichSmol
Grafter

1. I didn't get my settings email to advise of the correct settings and login name and password so had to "hack" in by using the "Forgotten Password" option! (I see plenty of others reporting this too)

We'll be rectifying this soon by blasting out an email to every customer with details of their current settings just to clarify this to our users.

2. My extension number appears to have sprouted a "4" prefix. While this doesn't really affect me much, I'm sure there are others out there that will now have to tell a number of people that their number has changed all of a sudden?!

Gradwell's servers work on a 7 digit algorithm so we had to assign a number to the front of the extension number. You wont need to advise anyone of a number change, Gradwell have built logic into their system to allow the 4 to be dropped - its merely a database change rather than an authentication change.

3. I'm now in a confusing state where I have to remember that my SIP ID mentioned in your settings pages needs to have the "4" prefix dropped (otherwise I can't authenticate/register), but my SIP ID retains the new "4" prefix.

It is a bit confusing I agree but once you've setup your device you shouldnt really have to keep playing around with it anyway unless there a problem. Stabalising the platform and re-sending connection details should help to solve that.

4. I didn't get to choose my PSTN number (although it turns out this was chosen as I would have done anyway).

Let me know if you'd like to change the number. As you were having problem activating the account I did this for you and provided you with a geographic number. You dont actually get to choose the number but you do get to choose the area code - the number allocation process will simply just provide you with the next available number in that specified range.

You seem to suggest above that we should be able to authenticate with the old or new SIP ID, but so far the new SIP ID doesn't work? Is there a plan to migrate to allowing just the new SIP IDs, or allow users to revert back to their original SIP ID without the "4" prefix?

Once people have settled on the new platform (probably next week) and connected using either the new SIP or their old details we plan to remove the one which isnt being used to tidy things up, at the same time we'll re-send your account details to make sure theres no confusion.
cheers
Rich
gaptag
Dabbler

Gradwell's servers work on a 7 digit algorithm so we had to assign a number to the front of the extension number. You wont need to advise anyone of a number change, Gradwell have built logic into their system to allow the 4 to be dropped - its merely a database change rather than an authentication change.

Once people have settled on the new platform (probably next week) and connected using either the new SIP or their old details we plan to remove the one which isnt being used to tidy things up, at the same time we'll re-send your account details to make sure theres no confusion.

Thanks Rich,
Good to hear you plan to re-email everyone to confirm the details.
The extra digit in the extensions isn't explained anywhere (that I've seen) so I was not aware that they both work. However, according to my logs, when I tried using the two numbers, the old 6 digit SIP ID failed with a 404 "User cannot be found at given address", and the new 7 digit SIP ID worked. I'm guessing this could be due to my Draytek Vigor rejecting the 6 digit incoming call as I have my "Account Number/Name" setup as the 7 digit SIP ID. I will have to try a bit of trial and error to see what is going on when I have time. This in itself would be a good reason why there shouldn't be this confusion of 6 and/or 7 digits, as it may work on the Gradwell due to special rules, but may not work on the user's end?
While I see where you are going with your comment that once setup with either SIP ID for authentication that it won't need changed, I feel you are forgetting that some people may buy new equipment, or lose the settings on the current equipment. At this point the user's first port of call will (hopefully) be the Help pages on the portal where they will be told to enter their SIP ID - the user will check voip.plus.net and get the 7 digit one and forget they had to use the 6 digit one all those months ago. Problems ensue and you guys end up with tickets and phonecalls from a disgruntled customer. No amount of email reminders at this point is necessarily going to resolve that.
I would gladly start using my new 7 digit SIP ID to authenticate, therefore resolving this whole problem when you do your cleanup of unused IDs, but as I and others here have pointed out, we can't get it to work! The Gradwell server will only let us register/authenticate using the 6 digit SIP IDs?
Do we have the option of completely wiping out our accounts and starting again with freshly allocated SIP IDs for extention/authentication?