cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"engaged"

medea
Grafter

"engaged"

2 phones connected through separate ports on Billion 7402VGP router have been working reasonably reliably, not perfect but ok. Previously reported problem with only phone 1 ringing is unchanged and appears to be due to either the current Gradwell server not being set up to handle two simultaneous outgoing calls or a bug in the router software that has not yet been fixed
Phone 1: has given engaged tone on voip routed calls to pstn numbers that are definitely not engaged for past 24+ hours but allows calls to voip and pstn to pstn calls.
Phone 2: subsequent voip routed calls to the same pstn numbers ring normally
Problem not cleared by rebooting the router.
Any explanation or ideas?
4 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: "engaged"

Case raised - there may be something we can do to increase the resilience of the device.
I'll let you know when i've heard something back.
cheers
Rich
puddy
Grafter

Not sure how to link a message with members but xpcomputers may be able to help with this model of router
Bob started the post at the very top of this forum xpcomputers message of help  is on page 4
puddy
medea
Grafter

Thanks to Puddy for the pointer. Its nice to know that there are some other Billion users out there.
After performing a reset of the router to factory settings and then re-entering the necessary information in the wizards I have been able to restore both my phones to working condition. Long may it last!  Smiley
By the way is there any progress to report on the newsip platform is being tested by Gradwell due early Feb.
RichSmol
Grafter

Will try and make contact with the management of Gradwell today - seems they've all been pretty busy though!
<a href="https://www.tiscali-business.co.uk/press/newsletter.html#gradwell"> Gradwell & Tiscali</a>