Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There's only £-2445.41 call credit left on your Broadband Phone account."

between1and16ch
Grafter

"There's only £-2445.41 call credit left on your Broadband Phone account."

I can see the service status message which includes;
"We're aware of a problem which is preventing VoIP calls to external numbers.
When trying to make calls customers may hear a message advising that they have "no credit remaining", please note this does not actually affect any credit you may have already applied to your broadband phone account."
Before I'd seen that status message I'd been trying to diagnose why my extension wouldn't let me make calls. I couldn't get through to most numbers, but when I called another number I have from Gradwell it actually made a call to that number. Shortly afterwards I got an automated email
===================
Dear xxx xxx,
There's only £-2445.41 call credit left on your Broadband Phone account.
If your call credit runs out, you'll only be able to make emergency calls.
To make a Top-up, log in to http://voip.plus.net/ go to 'Credit & Minutes' and click the 'Top-up credit' link.
For more information about call credit and top-ups, see our Broadband Phone Billing guide:
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/broadband_phone/billing_accountmanagement.shtml

Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
Registered in England no: 3279013
===========================
(I assume this message is due to the Low Credit Warning settings on my Broadband Phone control panel and the message headers show that it originated from Gradwell)
The Broadband Control Panel does show the small credit balance that I thought I had but I'd like some reassurance that this message is a fault
Plusnet Support clearly aren't trained at all in this legacy product, and it took a lot of persistence to get them to take it seriously, and they've now raised a ticket but it looks like it may be next week before that gets an answer
Has anyone else seen this problem - that would reassure me a fair bit if others are seeing a similar scenario - thanks!
21 REPLIES
between1and16ch
Grafter

Re: "There's only £-2445.41 call credit left on your Broadband Phone account."

Or any kind of reassurance really - especially from Plusnet staff
Thats a lot of money to me, and I'm really worried.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've just tried to use my VoIP phone without any luck and shortly afterwards got the same email as you. I'm on AnyTime - which made it strange that an attempted call to number that should have been free got a "this call will cost 1p per minute" announcement strange!
Jim: he'd quoted part of that in his initial post!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
between1and16ch
Grafter

Fantastic - that puts my mind at rest - thanks both! Smiley
Community Veteran

Normally when there are problems with the VoIP you can track the problem at http://www.gradwellstatus.com/ but there's nothing on there which makes me wonder if it has actually been passed on to them!
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm experiencing similar symptoms, and have received the same email.  It's not been possible to make outgoing calls with my PN VoIP account since at least mid-morning yesterday (Sat), which led me to perform a certain amount of 'messing about' trying to find out why as no notification appeared from PN until 16:32.  Since then there have been no updates from PN or emailed service announcements from Gradwell so perhaps it's confined to PN accounts.
Edit: Typo
between1and16ch
Grafter

Yes, I'm pretty sure its not all of Gradwell. My Gradwell Single User Voip account that I use for work purposes seems unaffected by the issue.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

It certainly seems to me to be a strange problem  Undecided
Incoming calls from my landline to my PN VoIP number seem to be working and audio is working both ways when answered.
Using my Gigaset N300IP (only 1 handset available at present), dialling my PN VoIP number using the PN account shows a missed call to to the PN VoIP number ('Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line' is set to 'No' so it's not using the landline to dial the number).  The handset displays a message 'IP Staus Code: 603' after the failed calls.
Trying the same thing using my DrayTek 2920Vn does not get the same result.
Community Veteran

Quote from: between1and16cha
My Gradwell Single User Voip account that I use for work purposes seems unaffected by the issue.

I've just been looking at the cost of that. Do you pay for a calls package? I make around 6-8 hours per month of calls (all to 01/02/03) which are all free because I'm paying the £4.99 per month for Broadband Phone Anytime. Currently if I need to call a mobile I use the call allowance on my subscription mobile account. I only make very rare International calls to Ireland.
I've been considering changing to http://www.vonage.co.uk/call-plans/ At the moment I use X-lite. Vonage give you a free box to connect to the router and you use your own phone.
between1and16ch
Grafter

I mostly use the Gradwell line for a lot of incoming calls. For technical reasons (a dialler at the other end) I wanted a line that could be configured to behave almost exactly like a physical landline, and they've been pretty good for that. Because of that I didn't really look at the outgoing packages, I'm afraid.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: jelv

... I make around 6-8 hours per month of calls (all to 01/02/03) which are all free because I'm paying the £4.99 per month for Broadband Phone Anytime. Currently if I need to call a mobile I use the call allowance on my subscription mobile account. I only make very rare International calls to Ireland.
I've been considering changing to http://www.vonage.co.uk/call-plans/ At the moment I use X-lite. Vonage give you a free box to connect to the router and you use your own phone.

I've routed my 01/02/03 calls through one of my Betamax clones whilst this PN VoIP problem persists, which will be costing me the princely sum of 0.5p per min as opposed to free when using my PN account (up to 240 mins per month).
All my Mobile and International calls are permanently routed through the same Betamax account with calls to UK Mobiles costing the extortionate amount of 0.5p per min and International calls varying, but calls to Australia or Ireland for example being the absolute rip-off price of 1p per minute  Tongue  (No call setup fees)
You probably already know about the Betamax clones and the fact that you normally get a number of 'FreeDays' included whereby you can make up to 300 mins per rolling 7 days to certain destinations before you start getting charged for those calls, so that brings the average cost of calls down even further.
e.g the particular clone I'm using ATM is FreeVoipDeal (see link for rates etc.), which gives you 120 'Freedays' each time you top-up your account, which only needs to be done when you feel like it - so no ongoing monthly charges.  I find that I only need to top-up once or twice a year at most - YMMV.
You can use some other service to provide a number to receive incoming calls, and Betamax allow you to present any phone number you own as CLID (the only problem I have is that BT present the Caller ID as 'International' because of their paranoia).
You've got the choice of using a soft-phone or a SIP hardware set-up.
Quality and reliability is good IMHO, certainly seems to be more reliable than PN/Gradwell.
Fixes: 101

can still dial freephone numbers though
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Just got the service status e-mail and I can confirm that it's working again here.
Bob
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: bobboulby
Just got the service status e-mail and I can confirm that it's working again here.

Thanks.  After reading your reply I tested the service but found it didn't work for me.  It took a manual de-register / re-register to get it going again.