Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'phone adapter registration

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

'phone adapter registration

I notice that my 'phone adapter's current registration is every 12 secs.  It used to be every 27 secs.
I guess the period has been reduced by Gradwell......is this correct and is it to improve reliability?
I find the service most reliable.
Regards
4 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: 'phone adapter registration

I'll try and get some details for you - I've not received any information from gradwell to suggest that the re-registration time has been changed on our platform.
cheers
Rich
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks Rich, however, since my earlier message I have changed the Outbound Proxy to natproxy.plus.net, as requested by Peter Gradwell and the registration has reverted to 30-mins reflecting the default Expiration Duration of 3,600-secs.
All rather mysterious, although I am far from technical.
I have just added to the "New NAT Proxy" string, the fact that as well as the Outbound Proxy setting, I have a STUN setting of stun.gradwell.net.  This seems to be the only way I can get my Zyxel adapter to automatically re-register after an admittedly rare adsl disconnection or power failure.
I use an Zyxel router and Xyxel Support, who are most helpful and have helped me a lot with the settings are also, I think, bemused!
Any comments would be welcome.
Regards.....
RichSmol
Grafter

ok, you shouldnt actually need a stun server but i know how strange the Zyxel kit can be after using a p2002 some time ago! If it works i wouldnt change anything  Tongue
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks, Rich.  I appeciate your response.
Regards....