cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low credit issue

puddy
Grafter

low credit issue

Just received an e-mail saying my account has nearly run out of credit again.
I thought this issue had been resolved? 
I have made no chargeable calls in feb or march, are we not getting our 50p credits anymore?
puddy
6 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: low credit issue

I have spoken to Gradwell about this problem, its still not fixed as it doesnt seem to be causing any concern to any other trialists. There will be a push in the next couple of weeks to fix all outstanding issues including this one in anticipation of the planned migration towards the end of April / early May. The problem fixes are a pre-requisite to starting the project development work.
I can only apologise for the problems you've been subjected to - now that we've got to the bottom of the problem I'm happy to provide you with some free credit as a thank you for raising something on the trial service which has/will obviously aid the development of the product performance.
RichSmol
Grafter

The plot thickens with this one - theres actually a technical aspect that needs to be taken into account. A lot of the information provided to and from Gradwell will be over some form of API (XML, HTTP POST etc) which we havent defined as of yet - as such we need to advise Gradwell when a customers minutes allowance needs resetting either by sending a "reset minutes allowance" signal to Gradwell or by communicating the actual billing date of the user. Either way we need to make sure that the billing date for your VoIP account is in sync with your broadband billing date. At the moment, the 2 are not linked and development work is required from both sides to define, build, implement and test a whole bunch of other APIs that need to do other things like create accounts and handle the billing side of the process between Gradwell and ourselves.
Hope that makes sense, its a good job that we havent raced into a tempoary fix as we would have to undo the work anyway to allow for aforementioned scenario.
puddy
Grafter

Thanks for the reply
i can still make call so it not much of a problem just thought I should have let you know about low credit warning.
Still a great service
kind regards
Puddy
(account=jillweekes)
Help offered/equipment in used
Grandstream GXP2000= an excellent phone best of the lot
Siemens 460ip dect phone=slight delay on connection
Speedtouch 716wl v5=great all round modem but can only use 1 port
Linksys PAP2-NA=£13 inc deliverly
Linksys spa3000 uk spec=£11
medea
Grafter

Perhaps it is no coincidence that the message regarding low credit (I received this message for the first time) sent on 10 March 08 happened at the same time as Gradwell notified customers of a fault on a VoIP server resulting in customers receiving erroneous out of credit messages.
medea
Grafter

Today I received 4 emails in under an hour telling me that I had £0.50 credit left! This is the fifty pence with which I started the trial because if I use the VoIP phone service for PSTN calls I only call 01/02 numbers.
RichSmol
Grafter

Yes, the low credit warning doesnt quite fit with our 'promo programme'. The low credit warning can only be defined in whole integers so we decided to define this as £1 as apposed to turning it off. I can see its advantanges but being able to turn them off on an individual basis would be quite beneficial.