Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invite peering agreements

puddy
Grafter

invite peering agreements

Quote from: RichSmol
I would like to start concentrating efforts on the peering relationships on the trial platform as apposed to the existing Broadband Phone peers as we do not have the resource available internally to focus our efforts on fixing something which is inevitably going to be replaced.

I did mean updating and inviting other/new peering for use with the new system (gradwell) and not the very very very very old listed that you tested (0870).
Can we have the new inivited peering list updated weekly or monthly, because without free sip to sip calls, voip useless.
Lets include this in plusnet monthly news letter
puddy
ps started new topic because this needs airing instead of being lost in a thread
8 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: invite peering agreements

The peering relationships are owned by X-Connect - I'll get in touch and see what the plans are to add more peers. The main peers are currently active (granted, some are not working as they should be at the moment), but are their any other peers you would like to see added?
Full list of current peers available at the link below:
Clicky
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Squished the link into a clicky]
puddy
Grafter

i would like orbtalk added please and draytel
Now my mate next door has gone live (trial) so can I dial his number i.e 01205 Huh?? to call him free or does this come out of my free minutes?
is this counted as sip to sip?
Or do I have to dial **786 then his sip id/account to get free calls
Puddy
RichSmol
Grafter

If your neighbour is on the trial all you need to do is dial the geographic number on their account and the call will be classed as a SIP to SIP call - some clever alias work at Gradwell's end has enabled us to offer this now.
puddy
Grafter

Found a better way, I dialed his sip id account number and it worked
Quality was excellent
but is this still classed as sip to sip call?

puddy Grin
ps still getting e-mails that state my credit is low again this is the 3 rd time this month
(account jillweekes)
Equipment used/help offered
Speedtouch 716 wl v5
Siemens 460ip dect
Linksys pap2
Linksys spa3000 uk spec
Grandstream Gxp2000
RichSmol
Grafter

Yes this will be classed as SIP to SIP - I've responded to your billing issue in the other thread.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell have made contact with Orbtalk - i'll let you know when we have any further movement on this peering.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Can we have a peering arrangement with www.voipuser.org
As an aside, they are a great way to test out voip is working correctly on your hardware/software/setup with no outlay in accounts subs etc. Especially if you are having problems setting up your Gradwell account, and want to see if it is your gradwell account or your equipment!
Even to just keep as a backup, or to tell your non-plusnet friends (even on the other side of the world), so you have someone to call. It is a community effort, so your incoming calls pay for your outgoing "paid" calls. SIP to SIP calls are free, although not until the peering agreement is setup.
Of course, your PlusNet Gradwell account is even better now, so why not tell your friends to just move their ISP to here (and get a referral bonus too!)
RichSmol
Grafter

I've passed the request onto Gradwell. They're building up the list and will make contact with VoIPUser.org asap.
cheers.
Rich