cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming PSTN calls result in unobtainable tone

poppadum

incoming PSTN calls result in unobtainable tone

I've been using the new VoIP platform for outgoing PSTN calls for a few months now and everything works fine.
I'm now trying to receive incoming calls from my allocated geographic number, but when I dial the number from my PSTN line I just get the unobtainable tone. I thought initially it was a port forwarding issue (I'm using a SPA-2000 ATA behind a NAT router) but the same thing happens if I disconnect the ATA altogether (I would expect the call to go to voicemail in that case).
Is it possible that my incoming number isn't properly registered somehow?
4 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: incoming PSTN calls result in unobtainable tone

I think the maintenance this morning had affected your account. Your SIP ID had become detached from your PSTN number - i've restored this now so everything should be ok. Please give it a try and let me know how you get on.
poppadum

Thanks, Rich - incoming calls now go straight through to voicemail.
The next problem is that calls are going straight through to voicemail even when the ATA is registered with the SIP server; the ATA doesn't seem to see the incoming call at all.
I've got these ports forwarded to the ATA:
UDP 5060 and 5061 for SIP
UDP 5082 for the outbound proxy
UDP 16384 to 16482 for RTP
Have I missed anything?
SPA-2000 firmware version 2.0.11(g)
8520101@sip2.plus.net
petergradwell
Grafter

hi chris,
are you able to port forward for me to the web interface of your SPA. currently, when I call you, the ata isn't actually online. if you can give me a private message / email peter@gradwell.com with details, I will check it out.
cheers
peter
poppadum

Thanks, Peter.
I'm not sure if you made any changes to my ATA config (I can't see any) or did something at your end, but I did get an incoming call yesterday, the phone rang and the audio was two-way and everything worked like a charm.
When I get time I'll do some more testing but it looks promising.  Smiley