cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inclusive numbers in voip package

Robtheplod
Grafter

inclusive numbers in voip package

is it possible to get 0845 etc added to my voip package, as most of my calls are to support centres now and it would make sense to include this if possible?
ta
rob
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: inclusive numbers in voip package

I've pointed out to Plusnet several times that calls to support should be free on their VoIP, they've always ignored me.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Robtheplod
is it possible to get 0845 etc added to my voip package, as most of my calls are to support centres now and it would make sense to include this if possible?

Why?
Dont forget that plusnet voip service is free of charge service other voip providers now charge for normal std codes min of  £4 per month plus plusnet give you free minutes to use every month. 
what more do you want for free?
If you dont want to dial a 08 number check first http://www.saynoto0870.com
puddy
ps if you have sky and their phone service some 08 numbers are free
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: fourfourdevon
I've pointed out to Plusnet several times that calls to support should be free on their VoIP, they've always ignored me.

Plusnet gets its voip service from Gradwell if you want to call Plusnet support use this number 0114-296-5198 instead of the 0845
If you want to phone about voip its best to  list your question here or raise a ticket.
Other voip providers that offer a voip phone customer service charge for it when you get a normal std number of your choice min £4 a month
Plusnet voip service is free plus you also get free minutes every month which most other isp charge for this
I don’t side with Plusnet most of the time but on this occasion I do
come on its a free service
you should be moaning direct to the companies that make us dial their rip off telephone numbers not Plusnet
I wish they would ban these numbers most of my last phone bill £15 was for these 08 numbers so I know where you’re coming from!!!  I also wish I did not have to pay for hospital parking but that’s another story.
Its part of being rip off Britain
puddy
Community Veteran

Quote from: puddy
come on its a free service
Don't know why you keep banging on about it being free, because I pay £4.99 a month for it, and since calls to their 0845 number is free on their landlines I see no reason calls from their VoIP shouldn't be free also.
Community Veteran

For the majority of users it is free as part of the BB account, I'm curious as to why you are using the voip line to dial 0845 numbers or do you have your landline with another provider? seems like it would have been better off upgrading the landline rather than the voip.
Gradwell who provide the service FOC will want to get something out of the deal and probably set the 0845 rates rather than PN, like most telephone providers there's very little money to be made from providing the line they make their money off the calls.
Community Veteran

I don't use my landline, I use VoIP exclusively for all my voice and have done for several years now.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: fourfourdevon
since calls to their 0845 number is free on their landlines I see no reason calls from their VoIP shouldn't be free also.

You have answered your own question and solved the problem all in one!!!
If 0845 number is free to use on your own landline why not use that instead its free so no bill.
I cannot understand that you pay line rental on you landline but never use it even for free calls why whats the deal?
Puddy
Community Veteran

That's what I was thinking but there probably is a perfectly good answer  Grin
Community Veteran

Because the landline socket has no phone plugged into it, and if it did its in a place thats not convenient for use, whereas my VoIP phones are on my desk and DECT/VoIP phone that can go anywhere.
So sure I could use the landline but its inconvenient and I don't see why I should be forced into using when I have a better solution (all except for one number, that of calling Plusnet).
I may be somewhat unusual at the moment, but I'm only slightly ahead of the masses, more and more voice traffic is VoIP whilst POTS is increasingly archaic.
Community Veteran

My mother had the same problem but she's disabled, I got her a twin set from Argos for £30 one for the main socket and the other is where she sits. One thing that often gets overlooked with the voip phone PN provide is apart from the free calls which TBH if you upgraded to anytime you would have on your landline anyway is the fact of having two phone lines.
I use mine for business use and my voip line is for my estimating department, I never advertise the number so it gets no sales call and every time it rings I know it needs answered leaving my landline for time wasters  Grin
I wait until the answer machine kicks in then decide whether on not to answer it if I'm busy  Wink Handy as well if you have kids especially the teenage variety they can have a home phone of their own which has a limit on it to what they can use but most have mobiles anyway.
In your situation if you ring a lot of 08 07 numbers it would probably be more viable to upgrade the landline and get wireless phones with the money you spend on voip. I very rarely use 08 07 numbers so I use my BT on evening and weekends for incoming calls and voip for our going and just bite the bullet on any 07 08's I have to make which are few other than inland revenue and not enough to make me want to uprade to anytime.
A lot of businesses are now recognising the fact that people are miffed with this set up and are changing back to standard numbers and more phone providers are allowing them in their packages, I reckon within next twelve months it won't be uncommon for the 08 07 thing to be roughly cancelled out by either option. Let's face it the telecoms market has had a good run on it for a while as a way of generating extra money  Roll eyes
The irony of this is that VOIP calls created the problem in the first place, call centres etc would install VOIP systems in their offices so they could have multiple lines without massive BT expense and have internal and international calls FOC which usually had 07 08 so they weren't interfering with BT's numbers.  Business did well out of it at the expense of the customer.