cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i activate voip on my accout

ilkleymore

how do i activate voip on my accout

Sorry if I am being thick but there is loads of technical info o here but I just want to activate voip so I can give it a try.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Graham
4 REPLIES
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: how do i activate voip on my accout

Hi Graham,
When did you join PN?  The VOIP service was withdrawn from sale to new customers some time ago now.
If you want to experiment, take a look at Sipgate where you can get a free incoming number and make calls when you've topped your account up.
ilkleymore

I called PN today and they say VOIP is only available to business customers (bummer)
I will look up Sipgate right now.
Thanks
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ilkleymore

I will look up Sipgate right now.

Sipgate is good for getting a free incoming number to experiment with, although you may wish to put some credit on your account to enable outgoing calls.
However, if you decide you want to use VoIP to make cheaper calls, you may wish to try some other companies for outgoing calls.  Here is a link to a post I made in another thread concerning the Betamax/Finarea group who offer some very good deals.
puddy
Grafter

Hi
I use http://coms.com or http://draytel.org These are all free payg and I no longer use Nokia mobiles having switched to Samsung S3 S4 S5? but you only need to put account and password when you select Gradwell logo for plusnet and sipgate have a template too which now make it easier to set up voip account unlike Nokia mobiles.
I still have a collection of Nokia phones but Android devices make voip so much easier
Good luck
Puddy
back after 2 years due to major op/illness