cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to register

gordo
Grafter

failed to register

I cannot get SJphone to connect  the account is all set up correctly.  I guess it is a Nat firewall issue on my router but I am not sure of how to deal with it.
the error on sjphone says
SIP: failed to register  (with detaails etc)
Nat/Firewall port restricted cone NAT
router Dynamode 4 port asdlc4-2
any help appreciated
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: failed to register

It's unlikely to be a Firewall issue that prevents you from registering. Firewall issues usually show as voice problems once a call is initiated. It sounds like you may not have the registration info quite correct.
If its SJphone 1.65 Have you used the setup guide here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonepc.shtml
Double check that the Account and Password flelds are correct :- Account is the 7 digit SIP ID and password is your SIP password ( note this can be different from the one you use to access voip.plus.net.)
You can get your SIP id by going to voip.plus.net , logging into your control panel, going to 'account overview' and its the number shown as extension. Your SIP password should have been sent to you in an email but if you dont have it then you can change it from the voip control panel , click on the extension and you get a form to change details , one field is the SIP password.
BTW the guide is slightly out of date , the outbound proxy field should be natproxy.plus.net:5082 not nat.plus.net:5082 although both should work for the moment
Hope that helps, post back with any results

gordo
Grafter

Just been through it all 3 times checking, got my wiofe to double check as well, everuything is as should be.
the error still says  failed to register
Nat/Firewall: port restricted cone NAT
Community Veteran

Is it a new voip account , if so it could be a similar problem to this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71482.0.html, it looks like there's been some instances of errors during the account creation process.
If it is then you could try a call to CSC, normally Rich from PlusNet looks in on this forum and sorts most of the problems pretty quickly but I haven't seen him post for a few days.
The other possibility is that its a old PlusTalk account where the sip id starts with a 4 , in this case try dropping the 4 and just using the last six digits, that sometimes works as there was an issue moving some accounts accross to the new system.
It's not very much I'm afraid but I hope that helps.
Community Veteran

Oops, almost forgot about this possibility...
Do you have a software firewall on your PC , if so make sure that is set to allow SjPhone access to the internet.
gordo
Grafter

Thanks guys, will have a tinker again after the big day tomorrow,
hope you all have a good one
gordo
Grafter

I give up tried everything. and won't connect,  It did for a while and then won't. must be a woman thats all I can say..
no offence  Grin
Community Veteran

Hi,
Are you saying it registered for a while and then failed again ?
OR is it registering but not connecting calls ?
gordo
Grafter

Yea thats what happened, but has settled down now and stay connected.
thanks people and a very happy new year to you all
gordo
Grafter

Now gone to to the old problem of not registering, Nothing at all has been changed, I checked the status and says it is working. but I can't get it to register.
Is there another soft phone alternative. this is getting silly.
Community Veteran

I tried this http://www.globaliptel.com./eng/content/Content/Ninja/lite.html the other week in the office and it certainly registered ok.
Its free so probably worth trying...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Quote from: gordo
Now gone to to the old problem of not registering, Nothing at all has been changed, I checked the status and says it is working. but I can't get it to register.

Related to this perhaps?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gordo
Grafter

It registers on sjphone on one computer but not on the other I am trying to set up  all details of this are in the thread entitled
sharing
thehatman
Grafter

I've got a problem tonight with a peviously fine SJPhone failing to register on the SIP server. First it was cutting me off every ten minutes. Now it won't register/log on at all?
Anyone else got this problem?
prichardson
Grafter

thehatman
What time did this happen, as this is a similar description to what is happening with my hardware phone.