cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get the information text to scroll on my a580ip

daulwyn

cant get the information text to scroll on my a580ip

Hi,
I hope someone has an answer. I have tried to get the weather and news to scroll when the phone is on the cradle. I have set up and saved my selection in gigaset.net but the text does not roll across the phone screen. Anyone have a suggestion?

thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: cant get the information text to scroll on my a580ip

I presume you've activated  the screensaver and Info Srevices is selcted as the screensaver ? ( page 91/92 of the manual )
If that's the case then we probably need to wait for Bob ( Boulby ) to spot this thread as I have a C475 and it's configuration is slightly different in this area.
daulwyn

Thanks for the reply. The screensaver on the handset is set to info services. But no display on the phone,though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

In that case we'll need to wait for Bob ( or someone else with an A580 ) to come along with some more advice...
Community Veteran

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but I've only just spotted this thread  Embarrassed
I've just tried the Info. Services on my phone and it is behaving as per the manual (see screenshot). The key thing is that the info is only displayed once (unless it changes), then the handset returns to the clock.
Not much use really IMHO, which probably explains why I've never bothered switching it on.
Bob