cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls dropping

Community Veteran

calls dropping

Anyone else having issues with calls dropping.
Last two days calls in and out have dropped after about 30 secs. I have plenty of credit. 
It's being embarrassing having to call everyone back.
Podman
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: calls dropping

nope, seems to be ok here.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Brand new router and the same problem. I have just called the phone twice and each time I am off at approximately 1 min.
I know from past experience that calling on by phone about VoIP can be pretty pointless as the new staff don't know what it is.
Could someone from on take a look at my account for any obvious issue s. My end must be working and set up OK as I can recurve and make calls the problem is the repeated cut offs.
Regards,
Podman
Community Veteran

Raised as ticket / question no.86088945
Podman
between1and16ch
Grafter

Most likely cause of calls disconnecting after a fixed period of e.g. 20 or 30 seconds is that the Sip server is not getting a reply to the ACK requests that it sends out periodically. If it doesn't get a response after a particular number of requests it'll disconnect the call.
1st thing I'd try is completely removing any firewall or putting the device in a DMZ - this'll rule out  firewall issues straight away if it doesn't help.
After that you need to look at the config on your device - start with STUN and NAT settings, even though the call is setting up in the 1st place it could be some subtle issue there.
Good luck Sad
Edit: just noticed the date of your post - hopefully you've solved it by now!