cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband phone vs BT option 1 charges

pint
Grafter

broadband phone vs BT option 1 charges

is ther a comparison somewhere showing the different prices between BT and plusnets broadband phone offering?
is it cheaper to call a mobile on BT than plusnets broadband phone?
are premium numbers cheaper than BT?
is there a set up fee?
when calling abroad it says calls to Australia etc are 'from' 2.5p what exactly does it mean from and what is the maximum?
ive been looking at this info (link below), but it doesnt answer all the questions.
http://www.plus.net/residential/phonecalls/broadband/index.shtml
2 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: broadband phone vs BT option 1 charges

There is no set up charge and the call charges can be found here the from 2.5p is because of type and time of call.
puddy
Grafter

Re: broadband phone vs BT option 1 charges

Quote from: pint
is it cheaper to call a mobile on BT than plusnets broadband phone?

I am not sure but if you have mobile phone on a monthly contract  like mine 500 minutes any network any time allows calls uk mobile phones within your price plan, free.
are premium numbers cheaper than BT?

If you need to make long calls to some customer service centers from home check www.saynoto0870.com. it list 0845 numbers too.  I found a normal number to call which was free for BUPA Carphoneware house and Dell customer services so like on the site first
when calling abroad it says calls to Australia etc are 'from' 2.5p what exactly does it mean from and what is the maximum?

I have found overseas numbers may be cheaper from www.1899.com its free to join and you pay for calls only i.e no setup fee
Their are not setup fees for joing plusnets voip service and depending what account you have (i get 240 minutes free per month)  sip to sip calls are free so if you know someone with a sip type account its free for the durtaion of the call, but you cannot dial skype telephone numbers from plusnet voip service

puddy