cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another help request

billlincs

another help request

Hi,
I've been trying to get my broadband voip working for over a week now. Installed sjphone and set up the profile according to the instructions on the plusnet site. Whenever i try to initialize the profile, i get "service unavailable.. authentication failed". I'm sure it must be down to me using the wrong username, password or both. The welcome e-mail gives a sip ID (7 numbers), a user name (same numbers as sip id) and a sip password. The sip password lets me log in to http://voip.plus.net but doesn't work on sjphone. I've tried changing my softphone password on voip.plus.net, then using that to initialize, but still get the same problem. Which username and password should i be using? I've had a ticket raised for a while now, and don't seem to be getting far. Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: another help request

Does your 7 digit sip ID start with a 4 ?
If so try dropping the initial 4 and using the remaining 6 digits as your sip id.
There was a problem with some accounts migrated from the old platform that were given a prefix 4 on the ID's.
If you can get into voip.plus.net then you can always change the sip password if you are not sure about it.
Go to 'Account Overview' and then click on the Extension , that should allow you to change details associated with it including the sip password.
RichSmol
Grafter

try again now - i've just noticed that your account was marked as TOS (Temporarily out of service) which is a feature were not currently taking advantage of on the Gradwell platform and i can only imagine that this has been applied randomly or by mistake - for some reason it was marked as such and actually doesnt allow you to authenticate against the Gradwell platform. Let me know if this still doesnt work but i suspect that this was causing the auth problems.
cheers
Rich
billlincs

Thanks Rich, just tried again and at last i get "ready to call!!". Pity the help centre didn't notice this problem last week! Thanks again.. Bill