cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a580ip crashes my wireless router --thomson 585v7

lancebai

a580ip crashes my wireless router --thomson 585v7

trying to use the plus net voip service with siemens a580ip.
made 2 phone calls successfully. however, when I enable the weather and news service of a580 then my router dies.
I tried to factory reset both the router and a580ip. the router still crash when a580ip connect to it.
I disable the service from the server, however it still crash the router.
I guess the traffic are from out side network and actually the router should not have been killed by it.
I tried a580 in my office and it works fine, does not kill the router(which is of course different from mine).
I got my router from plusnet. the model is Thomson 585v7.
has anybody seen similar issue before?
BR,
Lance
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: a580ip crashes my wireless router --thomson 585v7

Sorry, although I have a C475IP ( same firmware as A580 ) I don't use a PlusNet TG585 and TBH I don't use the info services either.
There are a few people on here with A580's hopefully one of those will have a TG585 and can give some more help.
Community Veteran

Re: a580ip crashes my wireless router --thomson 585v7

HI Lance and welcome.
I’m running a 580IP and a Netgear DG834G router with no problems. Like MisterW I don’t usually have the Info. Service switched on but I’ve just tested it and it’s working ok.
What version of the Gigaset firmware are you running? As I recall, there were problems with version 2214. The latest version is 2223 so if you’re not running this version then I suggest that you update as this may well solve the problem.
If this fails then it looks like it might be a problem with the Thomson router. As this was supplied by PlusNet and you are trying to use the PlusNet VOIP service then I suggest you raise a question as they may be able to offer you some support.
Let us know how you get on.
Bob