cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-lite 3 question

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

X-lite 3 question

Anybody using X-Lite know how to stop it 'restoring previous device configuration' every time i seem to come back to the computer after a break (I usually switch the screen on to stand-by but everything else is just left on?
(I've just re-installed it - didn't do it before?)
Thanks,
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: X-lite 3 question

Hi, I'm using X-Lite on XP SP3 without problem. Can you be a bit more specific about what is happening.
Bob
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

In case it makes a difference I'm on Vista Ultimate by the way.... When ever I open up the PC I get 'restoring previous device configuration' and then it works fine. If I go away from the PC for a while, switching off the monitor, when I return I get 'restoring previous device configuration' and then it works fine.
It's not a major problem because it eventually works, it just didn't use to pop up this window from the taskbar saying 'restoring previous device configuration' ?Huh
Community Veteran

Sorry, nothing like that happens on XP - it must be a Vista thing.
Have you tried searching through or posting on the CounterPath support forums http://forums.counterpath.com/viewforum.php?f=6 ?
Bob
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

I don't think it's a Vista thing as it didn't do it when I installed it before, it's just since the re-install. I wonder if it's a setting I got wrong this time, is there anything I might not have ticked or shouldn't have ticked that could do this?
Community Veteran

The only thing I can think of is to try de-installing it and then install it again from scratch.
Bob
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Would it be possible to list the correct settings (or post a screen print) or would XP settings be different?
Community Veteran

I could post all the settings but there are loads of them !
When I installed it I followed the instructions on the Gradwell site https://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/view/category_id/55/article_id/239 (with thanks to MisterW).
Replace any references to 'gradwell.net' with 'plus.net'  i.e sip.gradwell.net -> sip.plus.net. The only change I made to these instructions was that I didn't "manually specify range" on the "Topology" tab (see screenshot).
I suggest you completely de-install it first and then re-install using these instructions.
Hope this helps - Bob
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks Bob, there were 2 settings I had to change so fingers crossed  Smiley
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Local IP address and the range numbers were the 2 I changed, but after a re-install it still comes up with the attached message -
Community Veteran

Sorry but I've run out of ideas. How about trying another soft-phone?
Bob
grovep
Dabbler

I my be totally off the mark here but are you using a usb device as a phone?  Perhap the power management is disabling it after a set time of no activitity and so when you come back to the pc the config has changed?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

That could well be it... I seem to remember changing USB power settings before, but after my clean install they'll all be back to default settings!
Now, if only I could remember how to change/set them  Embarrassed Embarrassed