cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withheld Number Go Straight to Voicemail

sourceit
Grafter

Withheld Number Go Straight to Voicemail

When I am called by parties that withhold their number, the call goes straight to voicemail and doesn't even ring my end.  Is this a known limitation/problem with the Gradwell system?
Regards
Ben Cooper
5 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Withheld Number Go Straight to Voicemail

Hi there, could you please provide me with some screenshots so I can firstly discount anything wrong with your settings? I cant see anything wrong with your voicemail settings which may of coursed this to happen. Also please state which type of equipment you are using to connect to the Gradwell platform. i.e. IP Handset with an ADSL router or a router with VoIP built in etc.
cheers
Rich
sourceit
Grafter

I can't place any screenshots because I am using my Nokia N82 mobile phone thru my Netgear WG602 accesspoint which goes thru my Linksys RV082 firewall and then to my Netgear DG834 router.  If I dial 141 from a landline to my local VoIP number it goes straight to voicemail, if I dial it normally, it goes straight thru.  Basically I have suppliers that their phone system withholds their number and they can't get thru to me.  Any ideas?
Highlighted
RichSmol
Grafter

Even better than that - Gradwell have setup a trace on your account to see if they can see anything happening - its not something they've come across before so they're quite keen to get this one logged. If you could replicate the issue asap that would be great and they can pick up the logs and provide feedback.
puddy
Grafter

My nokia n95 did this but reading the forum I came across the link for disabled anonymous calls with cli that have number withheld could this be why the mobile is not ringing?  Its in call barring settings under internet call barring

puddy
sourceit
Grafter

That solved it.  The Nokia N series has a call bar on anonymous call on the internet telephone section.  This now works.