cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not phone a Sipgate number

teldanet
Grafter

Why can I not phone a Sipgate number

I have been told that I should be able to phone a sipgate number by dialling **77744XXXXXXX.  I have also tried **777XXXXXXX but with no success at all.  Would anyone like to phone me at 1613871@sipgate.co.uk
Bill 8860023@sip2.plus.net
Crazy
8 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Why can I not phone a Sipgate number

You need to dial the telephone number not the SIP ID so it will be **777 44 xxxx xxxxxx, you will drop the 0 of the area code. The 1613871 is the last part of you telephone number but there are 3 more digits preceding these.
teldanet
Grafter

Where do I find these 3 digits.  If you dial 1613871 from a sipgate phone you will get through to me.  I am still not convinced that it works.  I can phone a sipphone number so I must be doing something right.  The sipgate site says nothing of the 44 or the 3 unknown digits
Crazy
itsme
Grafter

When you log into sipgate website you should see your business card on the right of the screen, this will specify your telephone number.
teldanet
Grafter

THe number on my business card is my local 01603 (Norwich) number not my sip number
itsme
Grafter

But this is the number you use.  Go here to the Gradwell site and scroll down to Sipgate
puddy
Grafter

I thought that if you could only dial numbers on the phone you had to use a sipbroker code i.e **472
But if your equipment dial has alpha'numerical input dialing i.e 12345@sip2.plus.net
But why does it not work with sipagate i.e 1234@sipgate.co.uk?
puddy
teldanet
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
But this is the number you use.  Go here to the Gradwell site and scroll down to Sipgate

Thank you itsme.  You did something that the PlusNet staff failed to do.  I have been trying for weeks to phone sipgate from plusnet without any success.  Why, because,  normally to make a sip-sip call you need the SIP NUMBER and a code.  So with my 7 digit sip number I have been prefixing **777{sipgate sip number} and then after being told that I needed a 44 I used **777 44 {sipgate sip number} and various combinations of these but with no success.  I have worked for many years as an IT professional and it peeved me that I could not achieve any sip sip call from plusnet to sipgate.  What I did to call was not a normal sip to sip call I had to use my locally mapped number 01603 xxxxxx and not my sip number so by dialling **777441603xxxxxx I could get through.  I need to discover if in fact this was a sip to sip call.  I have mentioned this problem a few times but plusnet staff have just ignored me.  I am NOT a happy bunny.  Yes I am peeved because I wasted so much of my time  Angry Angry Angry
puddy
Grafter

Theirs an easy way to find if it was counted as a sip to sip call look in dialed call  history if it does not show up it is counted as a sip to sip call if it in your history it comes out of you free mins and will show up in call history

puddy