cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Stun?

jell

Which Stun?

As I use a Pirelli DP-L10 phone should I really be using the xten stun settings, which incidently work fine on the old 0845 service.
Without the stun settings I can dial the 160 test or my mobile but get no sound in either direction.
With stun I can receive calls and make calls to my mobile and the 160 test number but I can't get the 123 clock, which just comes up as "forbidden", or 01 or 02 numbers which bring up the 603 error.
Any help most welcome.
Paul
8 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Which Stun?

So is it just internal numbers which is the problem here? If thats the case i'd post your settings and i'll take a look at them for you. Your account looks fine to me from here so could just be a setting which is wrong. Generally (in the case of 99% of SIP devices) you shouldnt need to STUN server settings but it does depend on how your device works.
petergradwell
Grafter

Quote from: jell
As I use a Pirelli DP-L10 phone should I really be using the xten stun settings, which incidently work fine on the old 0845 service.

If you switch to using the new nat proxy: nat.plus.net:5082 then you don't need to use a stun server any more.
However, as you note, the counterpath one will work fine, and they don't have any restrictions on using it.

With stun I can receive calls and make calls to my mobile and the 160 test number but I can't get the 123 clock, which just comes up as "forbidden", or 01 or 02 numbers which bring up the 603 error.

We're sorting out the speaking clock, but everything else should work.
cheers
peter
jell

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I Got it all working Cheesy
Proxy set to sip2.plus.net, port 5082, with stun on stun.xnet.net. Even the speaking clock works!
I tried setting the proxy to nat.plus.net on port 5082, which resulted in one way sound with or without stun.
It seems not all devices can take the "standard" settings perhaps.
Having got this Pirelli working it seems OK and I can now wander around using its wireless quite nicely.
Many Thanks
Paul
dgp
Grafter

Hi - I have got one of these and it works without Stun.  Use nat.plus.net in Outbound server and 5082 in Outbound Port.  Also you need to enable Rport and disable Stun.  Regards
itsme
Grafter

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I Got it all working Cheesy
Proxy set to sip2.plus.net, port 5082, with stun on stun.xnet.net. Even the speaking clock works!
I tried setting the proxy to nat.plus.net on port 5082, which resulted in one way sound with or without stun.
It seems not all devices can take the "standard" settings perhaps.
Having got this Pirelli working it seems OK and I can now wander around using its wireless quite nicely.
Many Thanks
Paul

I also just got the DP-L10 phone and have problems with the firewall. What port are you using with the xnet stun? Is this the only VOIP phone you have connected? I trying to have this as a second phone with a voip adaptor, the adapter is rock solid but I can't seem to keep the ports open with the DP-L10.
How do you rate the DP-L10? It seem to be a good mobile but the battery life is very poor.
RichSmol
Grafter

The default STUN port is 3487 but you shouldnt need a STUN server listed for our Broadband Phone service - you only need to have NAT and very rarely the outbound proxy (same as the NAT). Gradwell have a stun server available which is stun.gradwell.net but, again, you dont need this setting.
NAT: nat.plus.net:5082
cheers
Rich
dgp
Grafter

I spoke too soon.  I forgot to check whether I could receive incoming calls and I can't.  It doesn't go straight to voicemail, there is a longish delay as if the phone was ringing (but it isn't) and then goes to voicemail as if it had not been picked up.  I've got it working easily with both Sipgate and Voipfone, but not with Plusnet.  Why does Plusnet need to be so differentHuh
You are right though, battery life is not good.
Jell - It would be helpful if you could publish your settings.  Thanks.
itsme
Grafter

Worth try making an outgoing call when incoming calls are not workings as I believe you will see an unavailable messeage on the phone. Also when I can make a call the audio in both directions stop working after 20 seconds. Then I have the problem with incoming as discribed. When looking at status on voip.plus.com I can see that ithe phone is logging on every 30 seconds. So why the ports not being kept open?