cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Hardware Phone

matthewleggott
Dabbler

Which Hardware Phone

I am looking to purchase a hardware SIP phone to use with PlusNet, what recommendations are out there from users?  I am after something solid and reliable, cost isn't too much of an issue just want to see what is used out there.
9 REPLIES
mdean
Grafter

Re: Which Hardware Phone

hi,  I recommend Siemens Gigaset C475IP, its a great dual voip/fixed line solution.
matthewleggott
Dabbler

I am looking for a desk type phone rather than cordless.
Failing that would I be able to get something like a Linksys PAP2 and configure it and plus my current phone into it?
Would prefer something like a Avaya or Cisco handset if there is something out there that will work with it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Hi,
Like Martin , I'd recommend the Siemens Gigaset range. I know they're a DECT phone but the are pretty easy to configure and work really well. I have a C475IP and there are a number of people on the forum who have A580IP's.
There are some people with PAP2's who hopefully will come along with their experience. If you really want just a desk IP phone then I think the Grandstream Phones might be worth a look.
matthewleggott
Dabbler

I will have a look into them.
paxy
Grafter

I have used the Grandstream 2020 and it works well....
knowdice
Grafter

Cisco 7940 or 7960 work fine (if you like a challenge) SIP firmware 7.4 is the last version that works with Gradwell though  Embarrassed
matthewleggott
Dabbler

puddy
Grafter

Have a look on Grandstream products if you don’t want a Siemens Gigaset Phone.
I picked up a Grandstream budgeTone 200 for £20 its brand new and come's with a 1 year warranty
Grandstream have just brought new series phones starting with 21XX so you should be able to get the old 20XX a lot cheaper now.  Found a site that does the Grandstream GXP2000 its very reliable phone and comes with 4 sip lines £65.80 inc vat
Puddy
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Hi,
Like Martin , I'd recommend the Siemens Gigaset range. I know they're a DECT phone but the are pretty easy to configure and work really well. I have a C475IP and there are a number of people on the forum who have A580IP's.
There are some people with PAP2's who hopefully will come along with their experience. If you really want just a desk IP phone then I think the Grandstream Phones might be worth a look.

Had a PAP2 for some years but has decided to go faulty (constant rebooting) but used it with an oldish Panasonic DECT phone and worked really well too.