Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened?

rockyhorror
Grafter

What's happened?

Dearest Group,
After having some really helpful advice, I got my (in)famous Aastra 480i working with the VOIP trial.
The only snag was that the phone would crash with dreary regularity. The phone worked fine until moving to the PN VOIP trial. I decided to ignore the problem and get VOIP services elsewhere at some stage.
Strangely the phone has now started to behave over the last couple of days. Nothing has been changed in terms of phone setup, router configuration etc.
Without discounting a genuine phone fault - the question is has PN changed anything recently?

Cheers,
Richard
26 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: What's happened?

I can confirm that no changes have been made on your account. Does your piece of hardware pick up new firmware automatically?
Might be wirth checking the hardware logs - might present you with some clues.
rockyhorror
Grafter

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
No new firmware has been implemented on the phone.
Have Gradwell done anything?Huh
Ianwild
Grafter

Not that we have been made aware of... And they do normally tell us if they are doing specific work in relation to our implementation, so I would guess not.
Ian
puddy
Grafter

I have the same problem just in the last couple of days.  Go to bed all fine until the next morning and it not logged on.  I have to reset the router and phone to get connection back.
I have rasied a broadband fault report but no problem was found all lights on the router are on just no connection
Puddy
Equipment used/help offered
Grandstram GXP2000
Siemens 460ip dect
Linksys PAP2-NA
Linksys SPA3000 uk spec
Speedtouch 716wlv5
teldanet
Grafter

I have a Grandsteam GXP 2000 which regularly lost its connection to the network resulting in a neccessary reboot of the phone.  I did make two changes.  1, Removed the setting for the STUN server (sipgate's STUN server)  2, Got a static IP address.  Now the GXP 2000 now works and work and works.  It has not required a reboot in the  3 weeks since I made the change.  I have accounts for PlusNet (VOIP trial) Sipgate and Callcentric configured 
puddy
Grafter

The Grandstream has now kept its connection for the last 3 nights now.
Lets hope everythings back to normal.  F9 have been up to somthing/testing on my connection now because my BT lindline phone been clicking without ringing.  Most of the time it clicks just before an incoming calls makes it ring
puddy
Equipment used/help offered
Grandstram GXP2000
Siemens 460ip dect
Linksys PAP2-NA
Linksys SPA3000 uk spec
Speedtouch 716wlv5
rockyhorror
Grafter

Ooops, spoke to soon.
It's back to it's bad old ways......

Cheers,
Richard
RichSmol
Grafter

Puddy - your issue may be related to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,61743.0.html....
Rockyhorror - I'm just checking with Gradwell that yours is not the same issue, if it is we'll try the same remedy as in the link above. I'll get back to you on that one.
rockyhorror
Grafter

Hi,
did you manage to find any answers?
Cheers,
Richard
RichSmol
Grafter

Your issue is definitely different and I'm beginning to believe that your kit is to blame. Gradwell cannot see anything wrong with your account and this piece of kit is just completely unknown to everyone that i've spoken to about it.
I'm bumping this thread for my own visibility - we've moved over to the newsip platform and hopefully eveything will be working as it should do by tomorrow morning (the newsip platform has been causing some problems with devices registering until now, a fix is in place but Gradwell are monitoring the platform to see if the fix holds up).
Are you happy to leave this until we are confident that the newsip platform is working correctly? I've been banking on the platform solving this problem so if it doesnt then we'll go back to the drawing board  Embarrassed
N/A

Quote from: RichSmol
I'm bumping this thread for my own visibility

Tuts at Rich - he should know better than to bump a thread....
/end bumpage
RichSmol
Grafter

Tongue cheers for highlighting my own post!
Rockyhorror - how you getting on today? Any news on your testing?
rockyhorror
Grafter

Dearest Group,
Thanks for the replies. Well, how can I say this - it's got worse!
In a non crashed state the phone would work fine for between 1 and 12 hours. I could make and recieve calls without a problem. I now cannot make any phone calls - I just get an engaged tone. If I call the VOIP phone it goes straight to answering service.
The phone does not crash though(!).
BUT I would like to re-iterate it worked fine with the old (non-beta) service.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Cheers,
Richard
RichSmol
Grafter

ok, I need to have another look at your settings but i need to also re-iterate that your piece of kit is not one that Gradwell support. Is there anyway you can try and replicate this on another piece of kit? i.e. a friends VoIP phone or even XLite to see if this is isolated to this device?