cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Jabber and how do I get the settings

equiroma

What is Jabber and how do I get the settings

I have almost driven myself insane trying to set up the SJ Phone on my computer, all I want to do is set the thing up but alas everything I try to figure out is too complicated as I am a complete beginner on this. The softphone is asking "Please specify your Jabber connection options" No clue!!!!!! It is also telling me that PlusNet VoIP Service unavailable and Authentication failed. Please please somebody help, I am soooo confused with all this. PS I followed the setup guide to the letter.
3 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: What is Jabber and how do I get the settings

Jabber is an Instant Messaging protocol, we actually use it here at Plusnet Towers to communicate with one another.
Have you tried X-Lite to see if you have any more success with that?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

equiroma

Not yet but I will, I will let you know how I get on with it but any ideas on why the SJ wont work? Thank you
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Have you tried X-Lite to see if you have any more success with that?

That page badly needs a re-write. Xten were renamed Counterpath a long time ago & X-Lite is now based on Bria, rather than eyeBeam.
It also suggests that there is a problem with the 'current' version of X-Lite. I suspect that refers to a long replaced version. The current version works fine with Gradwell/Plusnet.
The download link for X-Lite should read  http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download.html