Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want a second extension / pstn number?

Grafter

Re: Want a second extension / pstn number?

I'd probably recommend putting a link to this thread in the request ticket too... that should speed things up.
Chris, I think there might be some confusion here. I think you are saying that the £5 (plus any other call credit we have), will be shared by all our VOIP accounts. However, if we have inclusive minutes on our main account (from a broadband deal that included VOIP minutes) then those can only be used on the main account. Is this still correct? 
Just concerned in case someone mis-understands what you typed as meaning the inclusive minutes can be used on all the accounts... which I believe is not true at all. Only actual call credit we have added to the account is shared!
Hope this clarifies things,
Mike
Community Gaffer Community Gaffer
Fixes: 58

From Rich S's original post (it's still valid now)
Your credit balance would serve both accounts.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
From Rich S's original post (it's still valid now)
Your credit balance would serve both accounts.

Yes your "credit balance" will be shared... but any "inclusive minutes package" will NOT be shared. Any extra accounts will be PAYG only... with all minutes chargeable.
Mike
Grafter

Can I ask if the £5 required is now a cost for setting up a second extension or should it be added to my balance?
I have just received my second extension and it looks as though it has been registered as a cost.
Thanks
Grafter

It certainly was available to make calls with when I got mine. Has your 'Available credit' not gone up be a fiver?
You have just reminded me to use some of it - for a variety of reasons my outgoing calls go via a different route, so I've still got over a tenner sitting there doing nothing. Better use it - don't like to think of Plusnet getting too fat on the interest.  Cry  Roll eyes
Grafter

Looking at my Transactions I have an earlier one that is listed as a top up for my original line then this one says  VoIP Additional Extension.
If someone from PN staff doesn't put me straight in the forum then I'll raise a ticket.
Of course if that lazy tenner of yours needs some exercise...  Smiley
Highlighted
Grafter

For us to be able to offer a second extension there is a £5 admin fee to cover to Manual work to add the service and operating costs for that new extension.

This was offers as credit top-up when this originally trialled.
Grafter

Thanks Martin.  No problem.  Still worth having.
Grafter

Martin,
Great to see you picking up a baton on VOIP stuff. Are you an official VOIP person in the CS team, or just someone personally interested & knowledgeable?
Shame to see the £5 no longer becomes credit top up... but to be honest that was always just too good to be true!...
As a £5 charge to manually set it up, with no ongoing monthly charges... it is still an absolute steal, so hopefully people will continue to snap them up!
I'm glad to see this that extra extensions are still being offered as an option.
Can I suggest that someone (needs to be a Mod I think) edit the first post in this thread to make it clear that the £5 is an admin fee now (not given back as a top up credit)... as that will hopefully stop anyone from getting needlessly upset in the future.
And those of us who got in while the pickings were good, will keep quiet about the amazing deal we got.... Wink  (just need to work out how to spend my £14 accrued credit.... since most of my calls are incoming!)
Mike
ps  if someone can use the "report to moderator" link on my post, then the mods will see it and hopefully act on the update... unfortunately we're not allowed to report our own posts!!! Wink

xpcomputers, I can advise that I reported your post as you requested.  Hopefully it will get looked at shortly.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Done
Grafter

Quote from: Martin
For us to be able to offer a second extension there is a £5 admin fee to cover to Manual work to add the service and operating costs for that new extension.

This was offers as credit top-up when this originally trialled.

Martin
For this to change from a £5 credit-to cost of work done only why were we not given 30 days notice that this offer was withdrawn? Angry
Puddy
Grafter

Hi puddy.
form the time that I have been adding additional extension over the past 12 month it has always been a £5 admin fee.
Grafter

Quote from: Martin
Hi puddy.
form the time that I have been adding additional extension over the past 12 month it has always been a £5 admin fee.

It was on the understanding that we had a £5 phone time credit not £5 admin charge Undecided

puddy
BTS

Hi,
We have a need for 4 adittional geographical numbers for a VOIP account, this is for tracking response to various adverts.
I raised a ticket, (32672846) but was told it's not possible.
Does anyone have any sugestions, we are of course happy to pay the admin fee.
Thanks,

Phil