cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip trial + X lite = error 401 - unathorised

pint
Grafter

Voip trial + X lite = error 401 - unathorised

Ive recently signed up to the viop trial, but it wornt work, all i can get out of X lite ( x lite3) is error 401 unathorised, this is despite putting in the new details that plus net sent me via e-mail.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Voip trial + X lite = error 401 - unathorised

Did you change your password as instructed? If so did you also go to the extensions page linked from the bottom of my details page? If not the password you need to enter in to X-lite is the one shown as your SIP password in the activation email.
(It's taken me b....y ages to figure this out - I was getting the same error as you!)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Voip trial + X lite = error 401 - unathorised

We do have a job raised with our suppliers to make this part of little more user friendly, for some people being able to change the passwords separately offers a great solution for hardware where the password is difficult to change. Plus there are some pieces of equipment where changing the password is more difficult than the actual SIP server settings. Still, this section needs some work - my suggestion is that you keep both the passwords the same if you can to avoid confusion.