cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip Hardware from free to £15

puddy
Grafter

Voip Hardware from free to £15

updates on voip hardware to help your use your free voip minutes from bargin prices.  with all of these products below you dont need to have your computer on to make and receive calls.  So for those of you on a budget of less than £15 I have made this list up. 
Hardware prices
Nokia E65 N82 N95 N95-8gb Nokia 6300i may be N96  £0.00 if you already have one of these mobile phones
Linksys Pap2 Adapter max ebay bid £13
Speedtouch 716wl routers adsl 2+ ,4 ports, wireless and has 2 built-in voip ports look on ebay but dont bid over £15 inc p&p
if you have the free 1 port router provided by plusnet then item 2 and 3 will not work because you do not have any spare ports.  But all is not lost upgrade that old free 1 port router with item 3 the speedtouch 716wl router it has 4 ports its wireless and has 2 built in voip ports
puddy
item 1 works with 02 3 mobile check it works with T-mobile, it will work with Vodafone but the phone will need to be de-branded first . Not sure it will work with Orange
item 2 and 3 need a RJ11 to BT adapter so you can use any BT end plug in to them Less than £3
11 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Voip Hardware from free to £15

I do have a wireless router.
I'd like a phone with a handset the size of the BT landline variety.
How much will this cost?
(New or second-hand).

puddy
Grafter

Go for the linkysy PAP2 you can plug a normal BT phone in to it (adapter may be needed RJ11-BT £2.50)
Need a spare router port
puddy
Highlighted
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

Google contains lots of references about how to unlock a Linksys PAP2 from Vonage.
This appears to be a non-trivial unlocking.
There doesn't appear to be a "designed" function - they don't even have the correct socket for a phone.
So you have an adaptor feeding and adaptor.

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: axisofevil
Google contains lots of references about how to unlock a Linksys PAP2 from Vonage.
This appears to be a non-trivial unlocking.

Most Linksys PAP2 were made for vonage any sold as unlocked on ebay is stolen equipment from vonage.  You can also get the problem in that if you do a full reset the Pap2 box will re-lock it self back to the vonage network.  In a report last month found that a lot of Linksys hardware is counterfeit from China even the US Defence dept got stung  last month
There doesn't appear to be a "designed" function - they don't even have the correct socket for a phone

That because most voip hardware does not come with a BT plug
So you have an adaptor feeding and adaptor
No its a plug convert only
Take the lead out of the back of your BT phone and just plug in a RJ11 to RJ11 cable and it fixes your problem or go for no wires at all use one of the following Nokia E65 N82 N95 N95-8GB and N96 mobile phones
Puddy
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

See http://www.dummyphones.co.uk/catalog/clearance-nokia-brown-dummy-mobile-phone-p-480.html
I think these mobile phone vendors are having a laugh!  Grin

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I can get nearly all modern phone on a Braintree Market stall at £1.00 each, guaranteed not to work, have removable solid battery, a lot cheaper than yours, got a new Samsung flip, being sold as too dangerous for young children.

[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed link to inappropriate photo.  Please remember the audience of this forum.]
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

Yuck!
Actually, I've realised that if I want to buy a mobile to use at home on wifi, that I could get an entire PC for less money.

puddy
Grafter

Actually, I've realised that if I want to buy a mobile to use at home on wifi, that I could get an entire PC for less money.

My Nokia E65 only cost me £30 unlocked sim free. I have 2 New 3 (three) N95 came with my 12 month contract they were refurbished but free.  i pay £13 a month for 600min 500 text.  Its not a voucher contract the one that most compaines like e2save that never pay out.  My 3 (three) invoice is £13 but I have been with them for 3 years, so always screw them for a good deal.  They alway ring me a month before my contract ends but I always wait until the final day when you tell them what you want i.e 2 Nokia N95 phones free.
The new nokia6300i is voip capable same to with the The Pirelli DP-L10 about £50  voip as well and is sim free and is not locked to a network so stick in any sim card.
Or if work give you a mobile with your job stear them to the phones listed above
puddy
Community Veteran

Quote from: puddy
Most Linksys PAP2 were made for vonage any sold as unlocked on ebay is stolen equipment from vonage.  You can also get the problem in that if you do a full reset the Pap2 box will re-lock it self back to the vonage network.  In a report last month found that a lot of Linksys hardware is counterfeit from China even the US Defence dept got stung  last month

Nice piece of hardware that you keep recommending people to buy...not
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: puddy
Most Linksys PAP2 were made for vonage any sold as unlocked on ebay is stolen equipment from vonage. 

Quote from: Santiago
Nice piece of hardware that you keep recommending people to buy...not

I suppose it’s a bit like buying a mobile phone with a 12 month contract i.e. who owns it?  and at the end of the lease will they let you keep it and give you the code to unlock it?
As for the counterfeit items will they work ? will people send them back all the way to china if not?
All I am trying to say is just be careful what you buy.  I am just giving the facts.
puddy
Community Veteran

Puddy
For clarity, you may wish to review your previous post as the quotes are incorrect (Wrong way round) Wink
I understand the mobile phone analogy.