Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VigorPhone 350

Robtheplod
Grafter

VigorPhone 350

Hello All
I took the plunge and got a VigorPhone 350. My firewall is a Draytek 2820. I can dial out fine, but there is no voice at all, and nobody can dial in - just goes to my voicemail - can anyone help with where to look first??  I copied most of the settings from my activation email...
rob
19 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: VigorPhone 350

can you copy and paste your settings?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Does this help ? http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=8690
Edit: yep , having another google around , I'm not convinced that the 350 supports an outbound proxy so you will need to use STUN as indicated in the link above. Draytek faq on enabling STUN is here http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=1959
Robtheplod
Grafter

Excellent. I followed that thread and can now dial out and hear voice!!  I now can only not dial into the vigorphone. my config is attached. many thanks!!
Community Veteran

Ok, I've had a look at your settings.
Normally sip id's are seven digits, you only have six. Unless its an old sip id starting with a '4', in that case you are right you drop the '4' off.
realm should be newsip not sip.plus.net.
Otherwise I'd experiment with the proxy settings, try blanking it out or using sip.plus.net:5060 and see if it makes any difference.
Ah!, just thought what are your settings for codecs ?  try ensuring that the g.711a & u are the priority ones.
Robtheplod
Grafter

Hi
I removed a digit on my id to stay mysterious!
I tried newsip, newsip.plus.net etc and the phone wont register unless i use sip.plus.net for the realm
thanks for your continued help!
rob
Robtheplod
Grafter

what does the proxy setting do, as i've tried different things and removing it altogether and it still works (apart from receive calls)..?Huh
Community Veteran

Ah!, hadn't thought of that...
what does the proxy setting do, as i've tried different things and removing it altogether and it still works

Not sure what the setting does on the 350 , there are two types of proxy a SIP Proxy and an Outbound Proxy. The Outbound proxy is used to allow simpler operation when you're behind a NAT firewall, the proxy sends keep-alive messages to maintain the NAT mapping open on your router.
IIRC the Draytek 2820 has a inbuilt SIP ALG , sometimes they work and sometimes they just get in the way.
Try disabling it,
Telnet to the router (usually 192.168.1.1), login with the routers
username (admin) and password ... and type the following command:
sys sip_alg 0

and see if this helps.
You may need to ( on the router ) forward port 5060 to the 350.
Let me know how that goes...   
puddy
Grafter

Stupid question but which port are you connecting your vigorphone 350 to on your draytek 2820 router?
Puddy
Robtheplod
Grafter

Quote from: puddy
Stupid question but which port are you connecting your vigorphone 350 to on your draytek 2820 router?
Puddy

one of the standard lan ports...
Robtheplod
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Ah!, hadn't thought of that...
what does the proxy setting do, as i've tried different things and removing it altogether and it still works

Not sure what the setting does on the 350 , there are two types of proxy a SIP Proxy and an Outbound Proxy. The Outbound proxy is used to allow simpler operation when you're behind a NAT firewall, the proxy sends keep-alive messages to maintain the NAT mapping open on your router.
IIRC the Draytek 2820 has a inbuilt SIP ALG , sometimes they work and sometimes they just get in the way.
Try disabling it,
Telnet to the router (usually 192.168.1.1), login with the routers
username (admin) and password ... and type the following command:
sys sip_alg 0

and see if this helps.
You may need to ( on the router ) forward port 5060 to the 350.
Let me know how that goes...   

thanks for this. I've forwarded the port and run the telnet command but still get the same unable to dial in. Its odd as the phone is showing as being registered, so my 'account' should know it's onlne and ring..?Huh
Community Veteran

so my 'account' should know it's onlne and ring..??

Not quite as simple as that,  if you're registered then the registrar server knows where to send the INVITE when you get an incoming call. It sounds, however that the the INVITE either isnt getting through to the 350 OR it isnt replying with a RINGING response, hence the server drops the call ( to voicemail I presume ? )
Robtheplod
Grafter

yes its doing exactly that - it goes straight to voicemail.... pity this is being problematic as the quality of the voice on the phone is very good indeed...
i cant understand why i can setup my account with sjphone on my pc (on the same network) and that works fine, but the vigorphone needs to have the addition of a STUN server so voice goes over the link..... voip is bafling to me and I'm in IT!!!
adie:quote
Community Veteran

Yep, voip is a bit of a Black Art I'm afraid. I was going to ask if you've tried with a Softphone, at least that proves there are no problems with your account. Did you use the outbound proxy with SjPhone ?
As I said earlier, its unclear whether the 350 supports the use of an outbound proxy since its configuration page only allows for a 'proxy', hence the need for STUN so that your public address is used in sip packets.
Given that it works fine for outgoing calls it does look like the incoming INVITE is getting lost , I wonder if you can get any information from the router diagnostic logs ? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/router_faq.html#diagnostics.
The other possibility is somehow to use Wireshark to trace the sip conversation but its tricky with an IP phone as you either need a network hub ( not a switch as you need it to broadcast to all ports ) or a PC with 2 network cards capable of being bridged.
I'm sorry I'm not being of more specific help ( but I will continue to try ! ) as I'm not familiar with either the 350 and 2820
Robtheplod
Grafter

outbound proxy in sjphone is set to 'sip:nat.plus.net:5082'
you've been moer than helpful and i very much appreciate your help!!!  Cool

rob