Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP keeps going down

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

VOIP keeps going down

Over the last few days I've been getting emails saying the Broadband Phone is down. Is anyone else getting this?
Also, does anyone know how to purge Faxes in the Broadband Phone Control Panel, like we can with Voicemail messages? I don't want to keep copies online indefinitely.
Annie
8 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Re: VOIP keeps going down

Hi Annie,
It's not possible to remove the faxes from the online facility. I will however inquire how long they remain before they are purged in line with data retention.
In regards to the dropping connections and saying it is going offline. Your broadband service did drop on the 8th and whilst offline notifications had been received before this, they have indeed increased in frequency since then.
The gateway you are on shows nothing un-towards.
Can you force a reconnect of your broadband and let us know if this continues after?
As a side note, I have already had confirmation there should be no further charges for incoming faxes. I've just had an email to assist in working on how we can arrange for the credit to get back to customers.
zpeterk
Grafter

I've had 12 emails since the 8th so it must be my exchange?
Fixes: 101

I've not had any.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Annie
Rising Star

Quote from: P
In regards to the dropping connections and saying it is going offline. Your broadband service did drop on the 8th and whilst offline notifications had been received before this, they have indeed increased in frequency since then.
The gateway you are on shows nothing un-towards.
Can you force a reconnect of your broadband and let us know if this continues after?

Thanks for your reply Phil. I forced a reconnect yesterday evening and so far I've not seen any further issues. I'll keep monitoring and come back if I get any more problems.
Annie
Annie
Rising Star

Since my last post I've had one or two emails a day saying the Broadband Phone is down and today I've downloaded 3 messages so far. Yesterday I checked the phone one time to make sure it wasn't just a false email and the VOIP was definitely down for a short time.
Annie
knowdice
Grafter

I think it's a Gradwell thing...
http://www.gradwellstatus.com/viewpost.php?id=452#update8 their service has had many outages over the last few days...some of which they are not owning up to.
Last time was 11:10 this morning
between1and16ch
Grafter

Yep - it was better today, but I was getting some periods of very choppy audio on a few occasions in the past few days - I have more than enough bandwidth. It seems to have settled down a bit today though - but still not perfect.
The choppiness was happening with Gradwell, but not with Sipgate or Betamax,
between1and16ch
Grafter

I can say that I've had no (Gradwell SIP) problems at all today Smiley