cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP availability

zpeterk
Grafter

VOIP availability

Is VOIP available to any new customers now, I was recommending to someone yesterday so I thought I had better check?
6 REPLIES
acr
Rising Star

Re: VOIP availability

VOIP is no longer available to new residential customers.
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/broadband_phone/introduction.shtml
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Although there are plenty of third party VoIP companies available to use.
e.g. check these out;  http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-2.html
All those names are owned by the same parent company and all offer different combinations of 'Freedays' and pricing structures to various destinations.
There are obviously others as well, but I find using a combination of those accounts suits most of my needs, in fact at present I'm only using one of them regularly as it gives me cheap prices to the destinations I need (including UK mobiles at 0.5 Eurocents per minute with no call setup charges).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@ RobPN, which one do you use?  Was it easy to set up? Is call quality good?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: w23
@ RobPN, which one do you use?  .....

The one I'm using for most of my calls ATM (not including the free use of my PN Broadband Phone Anytime 240) is 'FreeVoipDeal', which gives you 120 'Freedays' to the destinations listed on their website, and calls to UK mobiles get charged at 0.5 Eurocents per minute.  You need to pay a minimum of 10 Euros (plus a 0.70 Euro 'setup fee') before you can use the account properly (i.e. not just using demo calls).  Your credit does not expire unless you spend it on calls/texts, and you don't need to top-up until you want to.
You will also be charged VAT unless you just happen to be living outside the EU when you sign up  Wink
You can then make up to 300 mins of 'free' calls per rolling 7 days per unique IP address to the destinations listed for 120 days, after which you will be charged at the rates listed for when your 'freedays' have run out.
The accounts can also be used for direct SIP-SIP calls to similar accounts or any listed in the group of companies on that page.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: w23
@ RobPN, ..........  Was it easy to set up? Is call quality good?

Sorry I forgot to answer your last 2 questions;
Yes, it's very easy to set up.
Yes, call quality is good.  I've been using that particular account for about 2 months and I haven't had any poor quality calls so far.  I've used other accounts from that site for several years and they've usually been pretty reliable (though not 100%), YMMV.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Thanks  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.