VOIP Trial beta latest feedback

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

VOIP Trial beta latest feedback

Just latest reaction to the voip trial.
My hardwear: speedtouch 716wl (firmwear V 5.4.0.11) and dect phone
Problems
1 No CLID from voip phone to my bt landline (OK to my orange mobile)
2 No audio on call from landline to voip phone.  ie the landline cannot hear the voip phone (including key presses) audio OK the other way.
3 Slightly worse call quality on this platform than the old plusnet bbphone system. ie more stutters and goldfish bowl, drainpipe type audio)
Positive points
A) Calls allways routed on first time of dialing.

Ian
27 REPLIES
gibbo72
Dabbler

Re: VOIP Trial beta latest feedback

With Eyebeam, I dont have a problem.
From same location using Nokia N95, it seems to dial, it registers on my calls made (and charges me), but no ring tone, or voice path appears to be set up. ie silence at both ends.
Any different settings I should be using?
puddy
Grafter

I am having problems too
1. 2 dial tones one normal and a quite single tone underneath
2. delay with no sound for 5-6 sec when called answer.
3. half duplex sound
4. very poor sound quality
My very first call yesterday was fine but have gone downhill since
I am using a siemens gigaset 460 ip phone
puddy
(jillweekes account) F9
RichSmol
Grafter

Hi folks, i'm on a bit of a mission to find out whether this is hardware or software related. Please could you all download v2 of XLite at the link below, set it up and try the same type of calls your seeing the problem with. If theres still a problem then this might be account related.
You can download the v2 of XLite at the link below:
http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_6405.html
Please feedback on this thread. cheers
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: RichSmol
Hi folks, i'm on a bit of a mission to find out whether this is hardware or software related. Please could you all download v2 of XLite at the link below, set it up and try the same type of calls your seeing the problem with. If theres still a problem then this might be account related.

What is the Xlite software and what does it do?  Dont like using software I don't know!!!
I have 3 sets of hardware and its the same with all and now no incoming calls.
Puddy
linksys pap2
speedtouch 716wl v 5
Gigaset 460 ip phone
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: puddy

What is the Xlite software and what does it do?  Dont like using software I don't know!!!

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/setup_guide.shtml?supportb=bphone_t5xlite
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ian007jen
Rising Star

Quote from: RichSmol

RichSmol
I have tried the xlite softwear and experienced the same problem(s)
1 No CLID from soft phone to my bt landline (OK to my orange mobile)
2 No audio (half duplex) on call from landline (and orange mobile) to voip phone.  ie the landline cannot hear the voip phone (including key presses) audio OK the other way.

Thanks in advance
Ian
RichSmol
Grafter

cheers, i'll notify Gradwell and hopefully Jake can help us out again.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Ian,
It would be helpful if you could provide us with the settings you're using. One-way audio is almost always caused by firewall/routing problems that can be resolved by the use of a stun server, and/or alternative outbound proxy.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jakejohnson
Dabbler

Quote from: ian007jen
RichSmol
I have tried the xlite softwear and experienced the same problem(s)
1 No CLID from soft phone to my bt landline (OK to my orange mobile)
2 No audio (half duplex) on call from landline (and orange mobile) to voip phone.  ie the landline cannot hear the voip phone (including key presses) audio OK the other way.

Hi Ian,
Just a few questions:
By No CLID do you mean that the BT phone reported that the number was withheld?
One way audio is usually caused, as Bob said, by firewall rules or incorrect setting based on the phone you are using. Do you get one way audio on all calls, with all the hardware or is it just specific hardware?
Thanks,
Jake
ian007jen
Rising Star

Hi Jake
Yes no CLID on BT phone shows as "Unavailable".
One way audio on incoming calls (landline or mobile) unable to hear VOIP phone, OK on voip phone.

Hardwear spec
speedtouch 716wl (firmwear V 5.4.0.11) and dect phone.
this worked perfectly with the Plusnet bb phone setup,
The speetouch is a gateway device with two voip ports, my only thought is the change of ports from 5060 to 5082, i shall see if port forwarding has any effect and post in this thread.

just reading the forum and noticed a post from ncalow

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57831.0.html
Quote from: ncalow
I can confirm that I have the same hardware (Speedtouch 715 v5 WL) and have the same problem with no audio on incoming PSTN calls.  I haven't received any SIP call yet so can't confirm if that is OK.  Seems to work OK with echo test and outgoing PSTN calls.
BTW, I have also had the same problem with the latest firmware for 716wl (v6.2H5) where the VOIP stops working completely and the Phone1 light remains permanently lit.  Had to go back to v6.1.7.2

Quote from: Bob
Ian,
It would be helpful if you could provide us with the settings you're using. One-way audio is almost always caused by firewall/routing problems that can be resolved by the use of a stun server, and/or alternative outbound proxy.

The speedtouch has very basic settings ie no stun server or alternative outbound proxy.
Just looking at the routers logs I too am regestering every 25-30 seconds
Ian
pcoventry
Grafter

Hi Jake,
So far i'm having no problems, both incoming and outgoing call quality is exceptional - i'd even say better than my landline phone. NO problems with the 01143 number assigned and my connection uses roughly 85k/sec both ways to deliver the service
I just use my PC with headset at the moment, i am yet to hook a phone up to my router
I am thus far very very impressed with the quality of your system
Pete
puddy
Grafter

Hi Jake
Yes no CLID on BT phone shows as "Unavailable".
One way audio on incoming calls (landline or mobile) unable to hear VOIP phone, OK on voip phone.

Hardwear spec
speedtouch 716wl (firmwear V 5.4.0.11) and dect phone.
this worked perfectly with the Plusnet bb phone setup,
The speetouch is a gateway device with two voip ports, my only thought is the change of ports from 5060 to 5082, i shall see if port forwarding has any effect and post in this thread

Speedtouch settings
Under expert config use the following
registra   sip2.plus.net
registrar port 5060
proxy nat.plus.net
proxy port 5082
expire 3600 
My speedtouch refused these settings but I tried again later and it accepted them, the voip light came on and the phoned rang when placing a test call.
I still cannot make a sip to sip call i.e plusnet to sipgate account get code 404
As for the latest firmware update  I e-mailed speedtouch last month and have received no reply.
puddy
ian007jen
Rising Star

Puddy,
Yes I can get my speedtouch to register no problems, if you carefully read the post i am having issues with half-duplex sound on incoming calls and CLID to a BT line.
PCoventry
Have you just started at plus net? I am sure i have seen you post elsewhere, If so congrats.
Ian
puddy
Grafter

Puddy,
Yes I can get my speedtouch to register no problems, if you carefully read the post i am having issues with half-duplex sound on incoming calls and CLID to a BT line.
Ian

I have just checked my BT line for CLID and it works on mine.
I am still getting both the US type and UK dial tone when making a call anybody get this as well?
Puddy