cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Signup - 24 Hours?

xpcomputers
Grafter

VOIP Signup - 24 Hours?

Was just signing up a referral of mine to activate their included broadband phone account, and was frustrated to see that it takes up to 24 hours.
Does anyone know how this happens? Is it an automatic script than runs at a particular time of day (or night!)? Is it a manual script that runs when some sees it? Is there a way I can speed it up and get it activated quicker?
It would be really handy to be able to set it all up for them today, but if the details don't come until tomorrow, then obviously this will not possible! If someone can push a button somewhere to jump the queue that would be great.
Auto generated Ticket ID: 25426189
Thanks
Mike

3 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: VOIP Signup - 24 Hours?

Unfortunately, its a manual process although there are some scripts involved which minimise the time it takes. It looks like the script which provides the data (which is then manually worked) didnt actually run yesterday - i'll check it out and add you asap.
Furthermore, a project has been documented which covers automation of this service for account creation and top-ups plus a few other bits and pieces which will make life a bit easier.
RichSmol
Grafter

Your account has now been created and you should of received an email to your registered email address which explains the next steps. Please let me know if you dont receive this email.
cheers
Rich
xpcomputers
Grafter

Rich,
The referral got the email OK. I just need to find some time to get over to help them again (it was yesterday that I was there).
If I'd realised about the 24 hour delay, I would have triggered the account creation before the day! Never mind, can't be helped.
I'm sure the system will become more streamlined when it is automated.
Thanks for chasing it for me.
Mike