cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Registration failed

jono1001

VOIP Registration failed

Hi All,
I have been trying for sometime to connect to my VOIP service with no luck.
I have tried SJPhone and X-Lite on my PC and Fring on my Android phone.
The problem seems to be registration failure with the server.
I have Broadband phone 240, and on the Overview page is has status as "not registered".
I've followed all the guides but getting frustrated as to what to try next.
I have a log file from X-Lite in case that helps debug, which is where I focussed on:
[11-07-13]14:59:51.572 | Debug   | Resip | "RESIP:DUM:Registration failed for sip.plus.net" | 

Any suggestions?
TIA
Jono
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: VOIP Registration failed

Can you post the whole log from XLite , there should be a lot more than that. You might need to start disgnostic logging and then attempt to register , then stop diagnostic logging to get the log file. You may alos want to redact any occurences of you sip id in the file before you post it.
jono1001

Hi MisterW,
Thanks for replying, I remember you tried to help me out back in March with my Android issues - unfortunately I got fed up with too many failures Sad
Can I attach the logfile rather than posting the whole thing as it's huge, or should I just start a new one and trace it briefly to get the initial relevant info?
Also I'll need to purge my user specific data I guess, like SIP ID?
J
jono1001

Issue was resolved by MisterW's excellent help.
My SIP ID was 7 digits starting with a 4, which when removed allowed the account to authenticate correctly.
Currently using X-lite, but will check other front-ends including Android and update.
J
Community Veteran

Yep, it was the old' if your sip id starts with a 4 then just use the last six digits' problem.
C'mon PlusNet/Gradwell Its about time this was resolved properly... or at least people made more aware of the problem!
jono1001

Fring on Android working, SJPhone no joy though.
Community Veteran

J,
TBH I wouldn't bother with SjPhone, it's not been updated for a few years now and doesn't work very well on Vista( and presumably 7 ).
If you want to try another softphone I'd have a go with 3CX.