cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FreeSWITCH with plus.net VOIP

nswcsystems

Using FreeSWITCH with plus.net VOIP

Can anyone help me to make FreeSwitch work with plus.net VOIP?
I'd be the first to admit that I don't know what I'm doing and really can't find much help on the web.
I have got x-lite 4 working with my VOIP service so I know it's not the service that's the problem
I'm trying to understand the gateway xml syntax: I've tried various syntax including putting port numbers in etc but I get the same error.  So far I have this:
<include>
<gateway name="plus.net">
        <!-- Replace these value with your iCall Carrier Services username and password. -->
        <!-- Even if you use an IP-based sub-account, FreeSWITCH needs these values -->
        <param name="username" value="my_username" />
        <param name="password" value="PASSWORD" />
        <param name="from-user" value="my_username" />
        <param name="proxy" value="nat.plus.net" />
        <param name="realm" value="nat.plus.net" />
        <!-- Set to "false" for IP-based accounts, or "true" for registration based -->
        <param name="register" value="true" />
</gateway>
</include>
When I use this all I get is:
2012-01-15 16:55:30.761598 [ERR] sofia_reg.c:1496 plus.net Registration Failed with status Forbidden - no OBP [403]. failure #1
I can't find anything on 'no OBP', I don't even know what that means?Huh
It's really hard to understand the syntax of the freeSWITCH freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external/*.xml gateway files as there are lots of examples but little in the way of explanation of the parameters.
I'm hoping to get it setup so that callers get an IVR menu and can choose the department they want but that seems a long way off right now  Smiley
I know this is complex area and I'm complete newb on VOIP so any help much appreciated.
Andy
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Using FreeSWITCH with plus.net VOIP

Well the proxy should be sip.plus.net
and the realm is newsip
But I'm not sure that will help much, if you are behind a NAT router ( which you almost certainly are ) then you will need to either use:
the outbound proxy nat.plus.net:5082 , but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to specify it
OR you will need to configure freeswitch for a stun server