cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: 03xx phone numbers, 05xxx phone numbers

fred
Grafter

Update: 03xx phone numbers, 05xxx phone numbers

A brief note to let others know that I have been unable to get 03xx numbers to connect from broadband phone. Ticket raised 13 Nov, CSC have replicated the issue, and are awaiting feedback from Gradwell, who seem to have blocked it (603 Declined).
However, the 055xx and 056xx number series now appear to be available, though neither is in the included minutes allowances.
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Update: 03xx phone numbers, 05xxx phone numbers

I have the same issue with 080X numbers and this is also with Gradwell, let's hope it gets sorted soon!
Will Moderate For Thanks
fred
Grafter

Yesterday, PlusNet added to my ticket: "Our supplier has now added routing for these numbers."
My final gripe on 03xx numbers.
1. Ofcom announced the 03xx scheme in March 2007.
2. Ofcom expected that such numbers would be out in the wild by the start of 2008.
3. When broadband phone was contracted out to Gradwell, they were lauded as experts in their field.
4. I would not have expected that experts in the field would require a ticket to be raised eleven months after Ofcom expected these numbers to be out in the wild.
5. I would also not have expected that such a ticket once raised would have taken three weeks to resolve.
Any progress with 080x ?
1. Do all 080x numbers connect?
2. When were the tickets raised? How long to satisfactory conclusion?
3. Are they free at all times? Why do they count against the free minutes allowances?
4. Why do experts in their field need chasing like this?

My 080x issues have now been resolved, it wasn't all 080X numbers just certain ones I needed to use!
Took a week to be resovled, which I was quite happy with.
I wasn't aware that they counted against the free minutes, are you sure about that?
EDIT: According to this there is no charge at all http://www.plus.net/residential/phonecalls/broadband/index.shtml?wlr=broadbandphonelink_phonecallspa...
Will Moderate For Thanks
fred
Grafter

Absolutely adamant that all the 0800 numbers that I have called via PlusNet broadband phone have been counted against my included minutes. I don't know what happens when my included minutes have been exhausted, as I prefer to pay another carrier for VoIP, if I am going to have to pay for it.
But since I realised that 0800 calls cost me minutes, I have used BT for them, so I haven't tried PlusNet in the last few months.
Equally my call record shows that 0560 numbers used to be available within the included minutes but are now excluded, and thus always chargeable.
RichSmol
Grafter

03 numbers should be included in your allowance - i pretty sure i've raised this as a product requirement a while back so i suspect that it actually might just be some new 03 number ranges which are not yet on the national dial plan which are not being processed correctly. I'll see what gradwell say.
fred
Grafter

Rich, this thread has turned to talking about 0800 and 080x Freephone numbers, and how they are deducted from the included minutes allowance. That indicates that PlusNet Boradband Phone is charging at least National Geographic Rate for them.
As far as 03 is concerned, I have not used it via PlusNet since it was belatedly enabled.

Have used my 080X numbers this morning and haven't had any minutes deducted from my allowance, so from my POV it's working as it should be.
Will Moderate For Thanks
RichSmol
Grafter

If you can give me a list of all the 0800 numbers which are being taken from your allowance then i'll look into it - you can post here or PM if you like, i'll pass the details over to gradwell and they can investigate for us.
RichSmol
Grafter