Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary warning email

civval
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Unnecessary warning email

I have just received a helpful warning email stating: "We have noticed that your Broadband Phone Beta account has recently gone offline".  But when I checked immediately I found that it was online ok - without any intervention from me.  The same thing happened yesterday.
The warning email is a very useful feature - if it comes when there is a genuine problem
4 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Unnecessary warning email

I find this useful. I also found when I was using a softphone that I got the emails sometimes. I think that was probably due to wireless dropping out or some sort of windows issue. As far as I can tell now that I'v invested in a proper SIP desk phone, the actual mails are very reliable and infrequent indeed.
I'm not sure what else I can add I'm afraid...
Ian
civval
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

In my case the connection is through a ZyXEL Prestige 2002L so it is not to do with a softphone or wireless connection.
itsme
Grafter

How many emails are we talking about? I have had 8 of these emails since the beginning of the year. At least 50% of these were generated because I suffered disconnections. The remainder I can't see why these were generated but I not going to worry about 3/4 warning emails in a 3 month period.
dgp
Grafter

I also find it useful, now that I know its there.  It saves me keep having to check the lights on my PAP2.  But I've not had any false alarms yet!!!!!