cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call SIP users on other SIP services, e.g. sipgate

fincheee

Unable to call SIP users on other SIP services, e.g. sipgate

I have configured X-LIte and it works fine for calls to UK landlines using Broadband Phone from PlusNet
However, I have never been successful in making direct SIP calls using the prefix, e.g. **777 for sipgate, OR sip:[username]@sipgate.co.uk
When I try I get an audio "person you are calling is not available" message, and the X-lite screen says "forbidden" or "not found".  
I have tried with multiple sipgate accounts, including my own which tests OK.  Also, users of sipgate have been unable to call me using the plusnet prefix.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John Finch
7181608@sip.plus.net (you are welcome to try and call me if you like)
7 REPLIES
fincheee

Re: Unable to call SIP users on other SIP services, e.g. sipgate

simon M, just missed your call - can you try again?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

However, I have never been successful in making direct SIP calls using the prefix, e.g. **777 for sipgate, OR sip:[username]@sipgate.co.uk

I've never got the sipgate prefix or a direct sip call to sipgate to work either...
However i have called myself many times with a direct sip call. Let me explain, I have a Siemens C475 IP phone permanently connected at home and I have run X_lite at the office ( or from my laptop when away on business ) and called directly to sip:<mysipid>@sip.plus.net. Both X-Lite and the C475 will ring ( obviously you ignore the X-Lite ring ) and when someone ( or the answerphone ) answers from the C475 the call connects perfectly.
itsme
Grafter

From Gradwell site https://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/view/category_id/9/article_id/194
To call gradwell customers from sipgate free of charge dial the prefix 000472 and the phone number of the gradwell extension or dial **467 and the gradwell extension number.
To call sipgate customers from gradwell please dial **77744XXXXYYYYYY for example - **777441225123456
Community Veteran

@Itsme, Yep, I've been there, calls from my sipgate account to my Plusnet one work as described. But I dont recall ever managing to get a call from my Plusnet account to sipgate to work using the **777 prefix 
itsme
Grafter

Ignoring the fact that PN have not describe how to use the **777 as it's incorrect hence the reason that I linked it to Gradwell information. I can dial my Sipgate account using the Gradwell method. You can't? You need to dial **777 and then the Sipgate number in international format.
Community Veteran

@itsme,
Nope , just tried it , dialing my sipgate geographical number directly works, dialling **77744 followed by my number ( minus the 0 ) gives beeps followed by sip status 0x194 on my Siemens C475
puddy
Grafter

I am not sure if sipgate have problems now
My Nokia E65 or Grandstream GXP2000 will not register but my Nokia N95 works fine.
Sipgate even sent me a message with all the settings and IT still wont work.
Sipgate techs have been helpful but they  never got them working and they stopped helping me after a few days
Puddy