Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access VoIP a/c

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unable to access VoIP a/c

I have been a VoIP user for some years, however, recently I have been unable to access my VoIP a/c, an email address or VoIP tel no and a password being requested to access "New Broadband Phone."
What is this "New Broadband Phone" and how do I access my VoIP a/c under what appears to be a new administration?
I have submitted a Ticket but it appears to have got them beat....to use the vernacular!
Regards
PS  My VoIP connection continues to work well
6 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star

Re: Unable to access VoIP a/c

Both the "Help Assist" and the Forum have gone quiet on this subject.  Is the Broadband Phone service now being ignored?
Regards
Fixes: 101

VoIP is no longer available to domestic customers.
It's also a bit unclear about what you can't access, is it voip.plus.net?
Will Moderate For Thanks
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks for your response Dvorak.
I have used the VoIP facility since it was first introduced (before Gradwell took over the service) and I have always accessed my Account page using "voip.plus.net."  The Account page indicated my pre-paid balance, free-calls balance and calls-made costs.
Using this URL now takes me to a page that calls for a login email address/extension and password.  I am unable to obtain acceptance of various entries I make here and note that the page refers to accessing the "New Broadband Phone Email and Password," which I find puzzling.
I can still make VoIP calls, but don't know where I stand regarding usage and account balances.
I guess Plusnet Help Assist have little/no call from private Users for the service and wondered if there are other private Users that still use it and what is their experience.
Regards and thanks again.

it's been like that for as long as I can remember with the 'new' in fact the move to that happened in 2008 from the emails that i've got.
that's when an email address was required to log in.
Will Moderate For Thanks
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks again, Dvorak.
In fact I've just discovered the email address I used to access the Account site and have opened the Account page satisfactorily!
I now realise that in the past I have accessed the site automatically, connecting using Norton Identity safe, so was never "exposed" to the offending dialogue box!
Thank you again, Dvorak, you solved my prob when PlusNet was unable!  Well done....
....Regards

no worries, glad it's all sorted for you Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks