cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up? A word to the wise...

Petard
Rising Star

Topping up? A word to the wise...

I phoned in today to top up my Broadband Phone PAYG account (one can no longer do this by ticket). The woman I spoke to had not heard of Broadband Phone - I realised this too late - and topped up my landline credit instead. When I drew her attention to the mistake, she put me on hold for ten minutes, then cut me off. I phoned in again, spoke to someone else, and I am assured the error has now been corrected.
The second rep told me they rarely receive calls about Broadband Phone. So the word to the wise is: when topping up, make sure the person at the other end has heard of the service you're using!    Roll eyes
3 REPLIES
Robbie
Dabbler

Re: Topping up? A word to the wise...

Yep I've got something similar. Made some calls to SKY on a 084424 number off my Broadband Phone which have been charged at approx 12p a min when Broadband phone tariff says 6.38p per min (both + VAT). So queried this and raised a ticket only to get a reply about my Home Phone service and the charges relating to it!! The girl obviously has no clue about Broadband phone so I have bounced it back and are awaiting a reply.......  Undecided
Community Veteran

Same story here when i tried to add credit to my voip phone. The Cs advised as it's a legacy item they don't get any training on it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You might want to read this related thread - 'VoIP credit top up no longer available onlineCry