cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The person at extension xxx is unavailable...

Community Veteran

The person at extension xxx is unavailable...

I'm getting the above message when calling in to my VoIP number. I can record a message and the message appears in the voicemail section of the web site but if I dial *1 (I hope that's correct!) I just get silence.
If I ring my landline from my VoIP phone, the phone rings OK but I don't get a ring tone from the VoIP phone.
Using a Sipura SPA 1001 ATA VoIP adaptor, with a cheapo Binatone analogue handset.
Anyone else having VoIP issues at the moment?
(Edited thread title to actual message)
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: User at extension xxx is unavailable

all working fine here, just rang mine and it started ringing ok.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Re: User at extension xxx is unavailable

Just checked and still doing it here. I've had to reboot the ATA since changing to a new router, but all the settings appear to be OK.
Community Veteran

Re: The person at extension xxx is unavailable...

No-one else?
OK. It's still doing it, so time for a factory reset of the ATA.
paulcobb
Grafter

Getting the same symptoms as the OP.
I have not changed settings for a long time
ScoUK
Grafter

Getting same issues here..
Tested with two different android devices and also downloading the x-lite software onto laptop.
Outgoing calls work ok, voicemail and echo test all good. But no incoming calls coming in on dial number. caller just gets' put straight to voicemail.
have tried on other plusnet connections and at other location where I know the service worked.. Not sure exactly when it all stopped working, possibly several weeks ago as I noticed I was getting voicemail messages yet the phone did not ring at those times messages were left..
Using a plusnet technicolor 582 router at home and have tried the fix for disabling SIP ALG but no change..

Would be useful to get this working again..
Fixes: 101

inbound calls are working here ok.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

My problem appeared to be related to me upgrading to FTTC, and has been resolved (see Grandstream GXP1100 thread),
ScoUK
Grafter

Interesting.. I reset my voip password a few days ago in the hope of gettign this working. but to no avail.
Also tried again just incase and nope still not working.. think i'll raise a ticket and reference these posts on the forum in the hope I can get a solution too..
Community Veteran

The password reset appears to have been initiated by someone dealing with the ticket - perhaps they stopped and restarted my account? I never did get an explanation, possibly because I closed the ticket when it started working.